s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Forgot abt dropt and destroyed. Got an invite at Supersummit this past spring, Ill be a Summits Truck cruise-in tmw hopefully it wont rain.

The ride is.... for lack of a better word... Firm. I have pretty stiff shocks on it. Its not too bad but you do feel bumps in the road but they are responsive and keeps everything stable.

the cyclone swap would be sweet... probably too much money though. i think ill try to pull that 350 of my grandpa's and see how much it needs probably just gone through and cleaned.... but we'll see

Syclone*
The Syclone was the S-10 bodied original. The Typhoon was the Blazer bodied one to follow. And the Sonoma GT made less power with a similar drivetrain.

Last edited:
here's your first Audio idea
IMG_0136.jpg

Damn that's a sexy truck tiresmokingv8. I don't usually like trucks, but yours is really nice.

Im planning a lsx built lq4 6.0 w/ t56 swap next year sometime.

Thats the combo I want to do in my Silverado.

I don't know how the Beltech shocks hold up in the mini's, but I went through 3 sets of those POS shocks in a year on my fullsize. I ended up getting doestch shocks and so far so good.

Damn that's a sexy truck tiresmokingv8. I don't usually like trucks, but yours is really nice.

agreed. I'm not really fond of the GMC front end but the silver color and all around setup looks nice.:)

here's my S-15/S-10

stock interior minus the cavalier sterring wheel.
IMG_0154.jpg

as you can see the box and amps take up all of the back seats :lol:
IMG_0153.jpg

the bottom piece is what i want to mold the 6.5 mid bass components into. Wrap that and the replace the top panel with black vinyl.
IMG_0155.jpg

in case you havent noticed you can add power windows. :) Luckily my truck came like that from the factory.
IMG_0152.jpg

last shots of the truck.
IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

its at Lakemore Lower Waterworks Park on Sanitarium Rd in Akron, OH on October 3-4. i will be there friday nite. as far as admission goes, its either 2 canned food items or $2 to the food bank. if you go, look for a yellow and silver bagged Ford Ranger (thats my truck). say hi and gimme a beer...lol

Hell yeah Ill be there, that is bicycle riding distance from my house, Ill be out there, and I still remember what your truck looks like.

I'll prolly be at the show.
Come out, last year was a good show.

I absolutely hate the interior of those trucks, but yours is clean as hell taco.

the style reminds me of my Crx. the blue DX and the Si. Right now i have the blue ones:lol: but i want to dye everything black and charcoal like the Si. might even put some suede in there like the headliner and stuff.

All of that takes money and time. Money not so much since i have the hook up but i just dont have alot of time since its my daily beater.

OP: any plans or ideas you got for your truck?

I gotcha there, but I just hated the gauges, and the door panels. I was gonna do an aluminum dash if I got around to it, but I didn't. I'll prolly end up getting one sometime down the road.

I like the GMC front end better than the Chevy front end. But it still needs a cowl hood and a shaved rear bumper!

OP: any plans or ideas you got for your truck?

well, i wanna see more pics of that box taco it looks nice i would just like my subs to be on the front, are yours located on the rear of it or something?

you need to have the subs firing down. Its the best sounding way. Of course you can do what you want but IMO this has always worked out the best.

My Boston 10's fired downward and so does this 13w7
IMG_0083-1.jpg

IMG_0085-1.jpg

I had an identical box for my 10's before this one.
IMG_0148.jpg

ohh and just heads up when installing a cd player. your going to have to cut the hump behind the cd player. Its a piece of the a'c vent. cut it with a air saw. either reglue it flush with the rest of the plastic or just put duct tape to cover the hole. you will need to do this on order to have enough room for your wires. Its hella tight in there

this is about 3.5 cu. ft. ported maybe more. you have plenty of room back there. If i were to go any bigger i would need a wall type enclosure. depending on some hustling and flipping i'm trying to score another dub7 to see what chaos i can do.

Back