S13 Motor Mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
need to buy new poly-like motor mounts for the 240sx.

its an 89 with the ka24e. do the de mounts work? im sure the tranny one is the same. what about sr20 mounts? im sure those are different due to the block size.

thinking about either nismo or cusco, and if possible post something comparable :)

lemme know :cool:

Ghetto-fab urethane? Hardwood? CNC steel?

Call up one of the disturbutors of Cusco/Nismo and ask if they will fit a KA. Also might want to ask around the Silvia and Nissan boards.

you cant ghetto fab these. the stockers are basically swiss wheese.

i dont wanna call the distributor :p or check out another board :p i not reg'd on any others, well except for freshalloy but idk my username and password.

I'm pretty sure the mounts are the same, as i think you use the stock mounts when you swap the sr20 into the 240 chassis.

id rather the car last awhile... those on the board who do know her know that she is a leadfoot :) plus shes poor lol

just order the full set from nismo. like ninja said, the KAE, KADE, and SR all have the same mounts.

how would the ka and sr have the same mounts? that doesnt make sense... sure they mount at the same point but isnt the sr block thinner?

SR mounts ARE different. i've done the swap. You have to use the SR mounts.

What you can do is weld some round bar cut in half like my buddy did after breaking his 2nd set of SR mounts...
DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

Gives a LITTLE bit of play, but nice and torquey now.

show me two different nismo motor mount kits though. becuase there are SR kits and KA kits. and they all have the same part #.

the trick is when using the Nismo SR mounts on a KA i believe you have to use the LH mount on the RH side. and vise versa.

prove me otherwise.

ok... I need to stop posting in the middle of the night...

The mounts are the same... I asked my buddy, and he called me a dumbass, because I couldn't remember the fact that the swap took us 4 hours longer than it should because we couldn't get the mounts out of the car, so had to install the mounts with the motor in the car. 4 hours, 3 big ass prybars, & a bad back as a result of it... :cry:

Back