S2000 dash in a 96 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Eskie

My buddy has a 96 Civic and he is wondering if its possible to put a s2000 digital dash into his car. I'm very educated in electronics so wiring wouldnt be an issue.. if it is feasable. The main concern I have would be fitting the acual unit into the dash..

-Eskie

people have put the S2k cluster in there car, and I belive that what ever they tried, they could still not get the speedometer to work.

:withstupid: I believe I heard somewhere that the wiring in mostly all other hondas is way different and will not be able to support the s2000 wiring. I may not be totally clear on this but its all i can remember about what i read.

There was some guy puting one in a CRX around here some where. I remember his post from a few weeks/months back. about the same as your accept his problem was the wiring not the fitment. I mean it not a civic dash some im sure to make it fit is gonna take some custom fab work. With what products i dont know but i imagine that the lines for it are all wrong so something would have to be done if you ever expected it to be clean. If you so confident about your wireing skill then i say go for it. maybe you just what the people trying to do this needed. And then again maybe you will fail like the rest. :D J/k but yeah thats the way i see i

1. custom fabbing to get it to fit
key word being (clean) im sure i could even get it in there, but how clean would it be?

2. wireing

It would involve integrating the Powertrain Control Module into the CRX body harness. In simpler terms - Using an S2000 Computer which reads the transaxle/Wheel Speed sensor signal. The S2000 speed sensor is electronical, you can custom mounts the speed sensor and using the S2000 FULL body and engine harness but its basically not worth it, unless you can find some ingenius way of making this all work.

why not just fiberglass your own dash "custom" and install digital gauges?

well guys thanks for the feedback, I think hes just gonna go ahead and order the whole cluster... (hes rich, so it really doesn't matter to him if we cant get it to work or not).

I had some ideas while i was looking over the haynes wiring diagrams for the civic instrument cluster... It might work.. it might not.. but if i figure out a way to make this work you guy will be the first to know and expect a how-to if it is succesful.

If in fact you can get the tach to work and not the speedometer to, i will just probably end up custom making a digital speedometer and a driver for it that will run off the varying voltages the stock civics wiring gives off.

Well thanks guys, I will be posting my progress soon..

peace, Eskie

Back