S2000 or Wrx??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klei2fast

I'm trying to decide between a 2002 white wrx or a 2001 S2000. Which one would you rather have? looking for any opinions or advise. Thanks.

i agree-wrx-four door so when a girl comes along and you make a liitle family u arnt like shit need to sell this two seater for a place to put a baby seat- all wheel drive - ur in milltown-good for driving in the snow- and turbo(yours should have turbo i believe but even if not wrx is better unless ur planning on st8 pimping for the next 5 years lol

s2000 , i see so many wrx's i cant stand it. it all depends on what you want it for ie. autox, road race, daily driver etc.

You're talking about two totally different cars here. Different drivetrain, different aspiration, different philosophy altogether. They're both excellent cars, and you'll most likely pay about the same for either of the options that you listed.

I see that you're up in Wisconsin....one thing to consider is weather. Do you really want to be cruising around in a RWD car in snow? AWD is vastly superior to RWD when it comes to bad weather control, in snow, ice, or even rain.

A WRX also responds very well to mods, as do most factory turbo cars. Are you looking to mod it, or keep it stock? The WRX is a little sluggish in stock form, thanks in part to the catalytic converter in the uppipe to the turbo. Even that one little mod (a catless uppipe) does wonders for the car.

Give us a little more of an idea of what you want out of the car.

It depends on where you live, and if the car will be a daily driver or not. If you live in an area where it snows WRX would be dope. If you live in California or Florida, S2000.

s2k. i love that car. i also dont like the wrx. there are too many wrxs running around. plus an s2k makes 240hp na on 4 cylinders and a wrx makes around 180whp(dont know actual numbers) turbo on 6 cylinders. the f20c is the most powerful fourbanger you can buy, and you can bolt on a supercharger if you want even more power.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Dec 8 2004, 03:50 PM
s2k. i love that car. i also dont like the wrx. there are too many wrxs running around. plus an s2k makes 240hp na on 4 cylinders and a wrx makes around 180whp(dont know actual numbers) turbo on 6 cylinders. the f20c is the most powerful fourbanger you can buy, and you can bolt on a supercharger if you want even more power.
[post=428786]Quoted post[/post]​

So, so wrong. :bash:

First, the most egregious error: A WRX is a turbo 4-cyl, 2 liters.

Yes, an S2000 makes 240 crank hp. A WRX makes 227 crank. A WRX does indeed make about 180 whp, but it's putting that to 4 wheels. An S2000 probably makes somewhere in the neighborhood of 190-200 whp.

Don't forget torque. An S2000 makes a measly 153 ft-lbs at the crank. A WRX makes 217 ft-lbs at the crank. While the F20C is indeed one of the most powerful 4-cyls available, it's also one of the most torqueless. *EDIT* If we're talking about "performance" vehicles. I realize that there are plenty of econobox 4-cyls out there.

So, if you're gonna try to convince him, a- Don't post misinformation; and b- Don't offer something like "i also dont like the wrx. there are too many wrxs running around". I'm sure this guy is looking for something a little more concrete to make his decisions on.

WRX.
I dont know how anyone over 5'10 can drive an s2000 and I'm guessing insurance will be higher, I see you live in Milwaukee so snow is going to be a factor also.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Dec 8 2004, 05:59 PM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Dec 8 2004, 03:50 PM
[post=428786]Quoted post[/post]​

So, so wrong. :bash:

First, the most egregious error: A WRX is a turbo 4-cyl, 2 liters.

Yes, an S2000 makes 240 crank hp. A WRX makes 227 crank. A WRX does indeed make about 180 whp, but it's putting that to 4 wheels. An S2000 probably makes somewhere in the neighborhood of 190-200 whp.

Don't forget torque. An S2000 makes a measly 153 ft-lbs at the crank. A WRX makes 217 ft-lbs at the crank. While the F20C is indeed one of the most powerful 4-cyls available, it's also one of the most torqueless. *EDIT* If we're talking about "performance" vehicles. I realize that there are plenty of econobox 4-cyls out there.

So, if you're gonna try to convince him, a- Don't post misinformation; and b- Don't offer something like "i also dont like the wrx. there are too many wrxs running around". I'm sure this guy is looking for something a little more concrete to make his decisions on.
[post=428799]Quoted post[/post]​

made one mistake on the facts and its enough torque for me. i meant i didnt like the way it drives comparably. driven both, like the s2k better. and there are too many. my town alone has like 8 plus 3 stis and my town is a little over a square mile. and only 2 s2ks.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Dec 8 2004, 11:10 AM
It depends on where you live, and if the car will be a daily driver or not. If you live in an area where it snows WRX would be dope. If you live in California or Florida, S2000.
[post=428482]Quoted post[/post]​

:concur:

Originally posted by chestercheeto48@Dec 8 2004, 10:46 AM
WRX

-four door
-all wheel drive
-just like them better
[post=428406]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Originally posted by h22bubbleback@Dec 8 2004, 09:34 PM
girls do like the s2000 however lol
[post=428968]Quoted post[/post]​

true. a girls hair cant blow in a wrx.

Most people who own Hondas say that their cars have enough torque, until they own something that actually produces more than 125 wheel torque at 5500 rpm. :D

I would go with the WRX, that's going to be my next car. I have a 97 Prelude right now.

Is there any key difference between the 02 WRX and the 04 WRX beside the looks?

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Dec 9 2004, 10:25 AM
Most people who own Hondas say that their cars have enough torque, until they own something that actually produces more than 125 wheel torque at 5500 rpm. :D
[post=429256]Quoted post[/post]​

myne (honda) produces more than 125 @5500 -but i would rather have it on 4 wheels then two-more stability- and more fun

Originally posted by ovcrash@Dec 9 2004, 08:21 AM
Is there any key difference between the 02 WRX and the 04 WRX beside the looks?
[post=429280]Quoted post[/post]​

Not really. The engine and suspension are exactly the same (but 02/03 suspension parts aren't interchangeable with 04's, go figure). The braking setup is slightly different (different calipers/pads), but all of them perform the same. The ECU is different (read: you can't use an ECU tuned for an 02/03 on an 04), and there are a couple of options on the 04, like the sunroof and heated seats, that didn't come on the 02/03. Otherwise, aside from things like cosmetic things like headlights, taillights, lack of sidemarkers, and a different hoodscoop, the USDM WRX's are all the same.

Back