S2000 or Wrx??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am in the same dilema, I am stuck between the S2000 / EVO8 / STi ...

so in terms of your selection, well the s2000 is more stylish, fun, nimble car, and reiable but it costs A LOT of $$ to get her going what some of us would call fast.

If you want room, and easily attain 12's, then wrx, if you want style, and more looks with NA power and option to take the top down, then s2k.

ill say it once and say it again it feels really good when you make a kid in a wrx cry when he see's your all motor s2g walk right by . honda more power per liter period!!!

Originally posted by breed@Dec 9 2004, 07:15 PM
ill say it once and say it again it feels really good when you make a kid in a wrx cry when he see's your all motor s2g walk right by . honda more power per liter period!!!
[post=429715]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, then the guy in the wrx spends $3k and runs in the 12's. The dude with the S2000 spends $3k and barely breaks into the 13's. Don't get me wrong, I like the s2k, but I'd rather have a base WRX. They run damn near the same times in stock trim, the scooby makes more power for less money and you can take the wrx out to play during the wintertime.

Oh yeah, and more power per liter? Who cares? That's one of Honda-loyal car enthusiasts' shittiest defense mechanisms. Gimme a fuckin break.

^^^ absolutely correct. I have researched s2k's to the death. And partly why I am favoring it over the evo and sti is because it will literally cost every dollar I make to have her run 11's. All motor will have a tendancy to stay out of trouble. Shit all the guys on s2ki are basically throwing down $1500 for an exhaust for 2whp..........now that sucks...period. Since gains are so minimal from bolt on's on the s2k parts are made lightweight, which also equals $$$.

My opinion:

s2k---
PROs
looks sick
handles good
honda = uber reliable
6speed
F20C
no room

Cons
NA and 12's........hahaha and be reliable without increasing to a 2.5L
very bitchy ecu
wheres the rollbar mang??
red interior.....fuck you!!

EVO
Pro's
4-5k to run 11's..........holy shit
AWD
4g63 = bullet proof
lots of room
brakes
handling.........sick

Con's
its a mitsu......long run issues
transfer case
not all that interior

STi
Pros
sick looking
braking
handling is alright...evo better
2.5l bitch.....
gauge cluster = sick!!!.......just sick.!!!
expensive

Con's
takes a little more $$ to get times like evo
not as good handling as all think

Way to go Milan. You nailed damn near everything, I think. With the new gens of EVO's and STi's that are coming available, the "pros" for each one of those cars grows. And as you said, spending $600 on an exhaust for the S2000 and getting yourself 5hp... :zzz: I've probably mentioned it here before, but I spent $1000 when I first got my WRX, and I netted about 60 crank hp and 20 crank torque, all on the tiny factory turbo. I'd like to see the S2K that's going to make me cry. :D

And yeah, who really cares about power per liter? It's nice, but it doesn't mean shit once you get up off your racer bench. I also noticed that breed conveniently forgot to mention torque per liter...what are those number like? :)

i'm 6 ft, i have an s2000. you'll get a wrx cheaper than an s2000.
i live in michigan and snow is also a factor, i decided to garage it for the winter and buy a beater. i also like the fact that i own one of only two S2000's that roll around my hometown. I live in east lansing and most college kids can't afford to buy an s2000, so i like having something that isn't seen everyday around here.

drive both, make up your mind based on your needs. the s2000 has next to no room. if i have a passenger, i can't even put my briefcase inside the car, it must go in the trunk. so if space is an issue consider carefully

that said, i love my decision to buy an s2000 and wouldn't take it back if i could.. lots of fun to drive... but the $$$ for all the bolt ons and shit is expensive.. not to mention the $$800+ partsfor a clutch. (that is what the list for labor is... I did the clutch with my dad so i didn't pay that)

wrx, i love turbo+awd

and Milan you should get the evo8, i love mine :) the transfer case is not really a problem since the 05's with the addition of the front lsd. and now that mitsu offers a 100k/10yr warranty. and i know people have heard about mitsu turning down warantees, that just depends on the dealer. the dealer i got mine from is actually partnered with Works in SF so they are very mod friendly. and just because i love looking at my car, i'll share
:) :) :)
gallery_106_2_1101111348.jpg

everybody knows that turbo cars get more hp off mods than n/a cars. so turbo your s2g and you will run 12's easy my brothers girl has one and it kill wrx's at the track.

for the price it takes to properly turbocharge and tune an S2000, the scoobie will still be faster. it's a simple fact, the WRX is cheaper to modify than the s2k.

s2000

honda alll the way.....I once thought about moving away from honda (240 to be exact) but soon learned hondas are the only car for me

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Dec 9 2004, 12:51 AM-->
h22bubbleback
@Dec 8 2004, 09:34 PM
girls do like the s2000 however lol
[post=428968]Quoted post[/post]​

true. a girls hair cant blow in a wrx.
[post=429127]Quoted post[/post]​

That pisses a lot off because it messes it up, even in the del sol my girlfriend would get 'convertible hair'...

i loved it though.

Back