S2000 owners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

Now that we have a non-swap S2000 forum, this might actually be used. :)

Post up those AP1's and 2's, people!

s2k_day1_med_01.jpg

pills_PMD said:
typical asian pic... leaning against the ride!!

I didn't know that was a "typical" asian thing- but hey, it's still better than some lame ass JDM pose or whatever you call it!

pills_PMD said:
btw. you have my FAVORITE color combo... when i get another s2000 it will be white/tan

I thought you didn't want to get another one?

The weird thing is that it was the ONLY color combo out of ALL the S2000s I looked at. Turns out it's the most rare one too. I actually like it- I think it's the most "upscale" color scheme. I didn't want black because that's just stupid in Texas, and red or blue were out. Tan on white is wonderful- gives it more of the luxury car look inside.

allmotord16rex said:
Here's mine

Very nice! I wish I could have gotten a silver exterior. That may still change later- we'll see.

allmotord16rex said:
I plan on getting the BRP supercharger for it in about a year.

Is that even available?

No offense Pills, but I'm currently looking for an 03 Black/Black S2K. Silver/Red/Black will be sufficient for the time being. :)

Calesta said:
Is that even available?

Nope, it's supposed to be finished within the next few months. It put down around 290 whp and 220 ft lbs I think. The torque curve is very nice on it though, it would definitely rape a Vortech or Comptech powered F20. They are expecting around 310 whp with 6 psi and ported supercharger.

Wow. I'll have to see the results when people start installing it and start working out the bugs. For now, the only options for me are either LoveFab (#1) or Full-Race. I want to push as close to 400whp as possible and still have a super responsive throttle plus a very full and usable torque curve.

This is the dyno from the prototype kit. It had a big throttle body and custom exhaust. It is running 6 psi. Look at the torque curve. It would rape Comptech/Vortech so bad. By the way, this is an unported supercharger as well. I would expect to see 330 whp once they get that done.

S2K_6PSI_BTB.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's a really nice torque curve! Looks just like the initial Lovefab kit. :) I'm going to have to drive one back to back with a small turbo setup and see which I like better. I'm also hoping to see closer to 300 ftlb @ the wheels for my car.

Yeah I think it will be fast enough for me. There are a couple of major factors that I am considering. First, the BRP kit is only 5500 including installation and tuning. The LoveFab kit is over 7k. Second, BRP is only an hour away from me. By the way, how much power are the LoveFab kits making? What are you planning on doing to get 300 ft lbs?

Oh wow. $5500 complete and tuned? That's an awesome price!

The LoveFab kit is making about 430whp and 300ftlbs on Cody's (LoveFab guy) car with stock internals, 91 octane, and a GT35R (I think). The torque curve is really flat from 4000 on up, and there's 200 ftlb available from 3000.

As for plans on getting to 300ftlb, I don't know. I might go with a 2.2L and run it to 9k. We'll see.

I'm not too too worried about the LoveFab kit being more expensive, especially considering everything I put into my Civic. I just want the S2k to be significantly faster than my Civic, but still road course friendly. I might run Hondata on it too- but that's still in the works.

No gears for me- I want to keep the top speed for the track. With the power goals I have, I need to be able to run 150mph down a straight.

Nissan diff conversion > Comptech. You're still going to break the Comptech because it still uses the stock housing setup, and the Comptech doesn't fix the axle spline issue either.

now you got me thinking...damn you Mike. rear diff with 1.5 way lsd would be awesome. And turbo would not really neccesitate(sp) gears. New job first, then the fun. It is nice having a swapped civic as a beater though lol

Back