S2000 owners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ha! I got you thinking. That's always a good thing. :) Damn I hate this straight keyboard. :(

Considering that the stock C5 Corvettes were pulling 140+ with just an intake on the tracks I go to, I'd want to make sure I didn't cut my gearing down any. I also don't want to have the engine running over 5k all the time on the highway too. Down here in Texas I always have the cruise set to 80-90 anyway, so high sustained speed without always being in VTEC is important.

:)

After Katie gives up the Civic it will probably become my beater. I'll start accumulating turbo parts for it as soon as I'm done with my truck.

* fixed
I had to get struts and springs because the previous owner got screwed into lowering the car on stock struts, and not to mention the custom wheels he got were nowhere near the required offset. Needless to say my only mods are intake, and carbon hood.

Honestly, I love the suspension on my 00. It's set up more aggressive/stiffer than the AP2's. Yes, the bumpier roads feel like shit, but the smooth roads more than make up for it.

Oh, ok @ driverunknown

It won't matter much to me- I'll be swapping out all the suspension anyway. Just as long as I keep the original geometry I'll be fine.

i didn't have the money for the suspension that I want so I went for oem. I hear oem is hard to beat unless you are spending big bucks.

Nah, not really. Most of your S2ki community is just really snooty and not very well educated.

So what do you recommend? I mean, I would like to lower the car, but how do I do that without screwing up the suspension geometry and handling characteristics?

"The LoveFab kit is making about 430whp and 300ftlbs on Cody's (LoveFab guy) car with stock internals"

Holy crap.

why cant the hard top be cheaper!!!!

Since ill be in the market for a new/used car in the next 7 months i was looking at ap2's, i love em.... but im not a convertible guy at all, and i dont like the look of rag tops..... but the s2000 is so damn sexy!!!

How do you guy sdrive? top down, or top up? Plus, how is it in the winter? ;) heh

plus, if you were to go... full race say and get their stage one kit, would you need to reinforce, or buy a new, rear diff? Also, what about internals and shit? If you could slap on a full race kit and get 400rwhp with no internal modifications, then sign me up!

Last edited:
You can get the hard top used for a good price- sometimes right around $1000.

The ragtop on the S2k is actually very rigid when it's up. It doesn't flap around or balloon up like a lot of convertible cars.

I drive top down when I can. No real winter in Texas- but it does just fine when it's freezing. The northern guys drive them with all seasons and snow tires on snow, and they don't have much of a problem. The weight balance makes it easy to handle in the mush.

You won't have to buy a new diff as long as you don't launch it. If you do, go with the Diff Techniques conversion. Internals can handle 400whp with no mods- they're all forged from the factory. Lowering compression with a thick head gasket has gotten people up to around 600whp with no internal mods.

how bout the eastcoasters?? how well does the rag top deal with the humidity, moisture, and snow?

s2k

If you happen to buy an 00-01 model with the plastic rear window, and find yourself hating it, try to think of it as a panoramic window. It lessens the pain :)

Back