S2000 owners

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S2k

Forums -> FS: *^*^*Kaaz 1.5LSD, 4.57 Gears (((TRACK READY)))
RANT:
I almost bought this package, except the seller wouldn't deal with me because my perfect diff has "too many miles" He's selling the car anyway, and these diffs break with abuse, not proper daily driving. I was going to drive to cali for this. How nice of him to mention that he was picky with the diff to be put on a car he is going to sell. What a douchebag.
/rant

thats what i hate about texas...it either rains HARD or it doesnt rain at all and just stays super humid. I havent seen an s2000 around here with a ragidy top....says a lot for dallas.

Ouch @ driverunknown... but that is his choice.

I love the soft top- but it does squeak (needs grease), and it is noisy.

i thought you were talking about road noise.

My cabin was really noisy until I got the hardtop striker plates.
I'm over the whole diff thing. how much is the whole system to convert to a nissan diff?

I really hate the turbo kit prices for this car as well. What do you think cal? piecing one=best route?

The hardtop striker plates solve the soft top rattles?

The Nissan diff conversion is under $3k I think. It's well worth it- especially since you get the super beefy axles too.

I don't think the turbo kit prices are really that bad. For what you get, it's really quite a deal. Look at all the parts that are in the Lovefab kit, and also in the Full-Race kit. They're all top notch items. If you want a cheaper kit, go with the Ultimate Racing or Inline Pro turbo kits. They're cheaper, but still reliable and still make awesome power. I'm going to go with the Lovefab when the time comes.

You would go with the lovefab you baller :)
The revhard kit now includes injectors and the aem ems for 6k, so it seems like its a better deal than the ultimate-racing.

My latches would rattle and I had a lot of wind noise. I ordered the strikers and it solved both problems. I guess you would have to find if its the latches rattling or the frame(which of course I have no solution in fixing)

Mine is definitely the frame lately- but I have had latch rattle since I bought the car. I should be able to fix the frame rattle with some grease. I'll try the strikers and see if it kills the rattle.

Yes, I would go with the Lovefab. :) The price really isn't bad for what you get. As for fuel management, I think I might be running Hondata. Just don't tell Hondata that. :D

check to see which strikers you have because sometime down the line honda just put the revised strikers on all the cars, I just can't remember which.

Hondata on the s2k...will you be using their k-pro management? you gotta let me in on this. We can take it to pm if you must.

I don't know which strikers I have, but the model is 2003, and the previous owner didn't know a damn thing about the car- so if they weren't on there from the factory, they never made it in.

I can't tell you about the engine management yet.

that would be awesome because the most expensive hondata setup is what... half of the aem ems? and your temp sensor doesn't work unless you modify with modifry...

*nevermind k-pro stuf costs good money too, if that's what you are using

Last edited:
No gears for me- I want to keep the top speed for the track.

I now have an AP2 but I've got several thousand supercharged track laps under my belt with the AP1. I can assure you that the 4.44 Mazda FD or the Ricks 4.57 FD will give you significant improvment coming out of the corner and enough top end to leave you with extra revs even on the long straights at Road America (14->1, 3->5 and Carousel to Canada Corner).

I tried my first FD mod with a 4.44 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway (1.95 miles) and it knocked nearly two seconds off of my average lap for the first 20 minute session using it.

Oh, I definitely believe in the shorter final drive. I think I'll just have to take the car around on my favorite tracks first and see how it feels- then I'll make the decision when I upgrade to the Diff Technics rear end.

Thanks for the input!

I now have an AP2 but I've got several thousand supercharged track laps under my belt with the AP1. I can assure you that the 4.44 Mazda FD or the Ricks 4.57 FD will give you significant improvment coming out of the corner and enough top end to leave you with extra revs even on the long straights at Road America (14->1, 3->5 and Carousel to Canada Corner).

I tried my first FD mod with a 4.44 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway (1.95 miles) and it knocked nearly two seconds off of my average lap for the first 20 minute session using it.

I just reviewed 2005 and stating that I had several thousand laps is not accurate. I had several hundred laps (about 400 laps per year). Sorry about the exageration.

Back