S2000 type-r?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I thought about the S2000 but bottom line higher revs = more broken parts over time even if the 04 was lowered a few hundred RPM

also one thing I really disliked about the S2000 is the torque....

my car makes 113 more ftlbs of torque at 2K RPM lower then the S2000
also makes 47 more HP at a lower RPM too

I don't think the S2000 is all that great of a car I would rather buy a new TL =)

I do have to say with the right wheels they do look sweet

Jeff

I did not know about the 2004 S2000 having the 2.2L. That is tight that honda did the 2.2L but they should have improved on the horsepower too. I know that the 2000-2003 still are great motors, but the newer ones should have been more. Now they cant say its 120hp per lee-ter (sp?). Not that its a lot less now but......

Out with the prelude in with the S2000, I think they resemble each other a little bit, so I think Honda wanted them to have Identical displacement.
The prelude dissapears in 2001 and the S2k appears in 2002.
A worthy replacement that has been updated in 2004.

The way there lights are placed (thats MO), and even in the 92-96 prelude (I dont know about the 96 and on) but the preludes I'm talking about had digital tachs.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Feb 12 2004, 06:40 PM
I thought about the S2000 but bottom line higher revs = more broken parts over time even if the 04 was lowered a few hundred RPM

also one thing I really disliked about the S2000 is the torque....

my car makes 113 more ftlbs of torque at 2K RPM lower then the S2000
also makes 47 more HP at a lower RPM too

I don't think the S2000 is all that great of a car I would rather buy a new TL =)

I do have to say with the right wheels they do look sweet

Jeff

Your car also has a V fucking 6 with 1.1L more displacement. :roll:

more displacement=more torque production.

Here, I'll show you an apple and an orange...you keep on trying to compare them while I eat the orange. Ok?

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 12 2004, 10:50 PM

Your car also has a V fucking 6 with 1.1L more displacement. :roll:

more displacement=more torque production.

Here, I'll show you an apple and an orange...you keep on trying to compare them while I eat the orange. Ok?

I know its apples VS oranges but last time I checked both cars were in the 25-35K price range both are sport cars and both are fighting for the same buyers

2 seater sports car market

350Z
S2000
BMW Z4
Boxter
TT

I could care less if the engines are nothing alike bottom line my car is in the same class as the S2000 and IMO the extra torque rocks

if honda wanted to they could have droped a V6 in the S2000

S2000 with 3.0 V6 vtec motor anyone? NS2000X =) hehe

2 seater sports car, but one is a roadster and one is a sports coupe.

If I was considering a hardtop coupe, I would consider the 350z and Audi TT, if I wanted a roadster I'd consider the Miata, S2000, Z4 and Boxter.

I guess it's just me, I still separate those two into two different groups by the type of roof it has.

I know, but I wouldn't consider a 350z in the vert...I'd rather have the coupe for the chassis rigidity.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 12 2004, 11:38 PM
the 350Z is available in a convertable (or will be this year)

They have them out now looks nice in blue =)

I know, but I wouldn't consider a 350z in the vert...I'd rather have the coupe for the chassis rigidity.

well piss on the S2000 since it ONLY comes in vert form
your only option is to add a hard top and that wont do much for chassis rigidity

I guess it's just me, I still separate those two into two different groups by the type of roof it has

people who look at S2000s also look into the other models I told you about
most people on this board atlest the younger ones would never think twice about getting an S2000 but for the other guys on this board who want more in a car well....

I could have had an S2000 out front right now but.... I don't

ive sat in a few S2000's and i felt cramped inside. thats my only complaint about them right now.

I'd like to see an RSX base and RSX Type S being continued, and then an RSX Type R with the new S2000 2.2L and 240 hp engine in place.

That would make the engine levels go up in 40 hp incriments, but the main thing is the amount of torque produced in an RSX-R over the Type S model.

:blink:

Why do I think about these things? that'd never fucking happen.

showoff4.jpg

I will take an S2000 over a Z any day.

Originally posted by Soichiro-Honda@Feb 13 2004, 03:00 AM
showoff4.jpg

I will take an S2000 over a Z any day.

I would not want that one lol

Just an hour ago I was coming home from work and had an S2000 pull up next to me and the guy driving it gave me the thumbs up =)

:lol: Yesterday i was coming back to the store from a run and I passed by a guy with an 02 or 03 black WRX wagon and I gave him a thumbsup. :)

Back