S2000 Vortech blower problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryanwolfe911

I am trying to install a vortech blower on an S2K, and as you may know, you have to remove the crank pulley in order to install the new one that comes with the kit. I have tried everything to remove the bolt, to no avail. I have heated it, used a 800 ft lb reverse tourqe impact, a 6 foot long breaker bar, and I do have the special tool to hold the crank pulley from moving as well, but It makes no difference. The bolt is NOT reverse thread according to my Helms manual. I am afraid I will break the bolt off int he crankshaft if I try too hard. Any one ever have this problem? Let me know.

Heat up the nut with a torch til red, quench with water then try your impact or breaker bar. Just be careful of seals etc.

Heat up the nut with a torch til red, quench with water then try your impact or breaker bar.

on a crank pulley???

i would try putting it in gear and have someone hold the brakes...
might not work, but best suggestion i have at the time...

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jul 21 2004, 04:45 PM
Call up your local Honda dealer and ask them how they get them off.
[post=366433]Quoted post[/post]​

Thats what I have resorted to. Otherwise PB Blaster, swearing, praying, let some fat friends hop on the breaker bar. And I have never heard of anyone breaking it, just a TON of threads about how hard it is to get off.

Seriously, crank on that little bitch! You won't break it! Let us know if it breaks!

What I've done in the past is taken off the dust screen on the fly wheel cover on my car and I placed a prybar inbetween the tweeth and the transmission housing, making it impossible for the engine to turn. With a 4 foot breaker bar and with a lot of torqueing I go tthe bitch to come off, and yeah I used PB blaster also.

Originally posted by webink_EK9@Jul 22 2004, 12:51 AM
Seriously, crank on that little bitch! You won't break it! Let us know if it breaks!
[post=366699]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree

I have tried all of the above. torches , people holding the brakes, I got nothing. I even have the special honda tool, that you stick in the octogon shaped area int he front of the crank pulley to keep it from turning, and braced that up against the concrete floor, and I bent a 36 inch long breaker bar (Snap-ON mind You), IN HALF, trying to get it off.
It's like someone used JB weld as Loctite on the threads or something. I told my customer to take it to a Honda dealer to have the new pulley installed, because I am not gonna be responsible for breaking the bolt off in his engine. Thanks anyway guys.

Back