S2000 VS 350Z VS RX8

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Gee go figure...

Nissan's award-winning VQ engine series just keeps getting better with each passing year and application. The 350Z's version makes more torque just above idle than the Honda or Mazda make at their peaks. Part of that comes from the fact that it displaces 1.3 and 2.2 liters more than the others and that it's a V-6 instead of a rotary or an inline engine.

I'd still rather have other cars for the 30grand.

WTF? All the car magazines have gone soft. S2k can be compared with the Porsche Boxster S, and they say the car it too edgy? The s2k won in almost everything other then overall accelration (these aren't drag cars), Braking (lost by 7 ft from 60-0) and Price (Came in second). Practiacllity, yes, the RX8 wins hands down, and the handling on that IS great, but the 350z beating the s2k on a modern sports car challenge? I love how they didn't even take probally the 3 most capible track cars in that price segment (other then the evo8 and STI) onto a road course.

Thats why Top Gear owns all US car mags/shows.

The hosts of top gear say it best. Zero to 60 times? Useless info. Top speed? Bah, useless. Its all about how fast it can get around the track.

top gear tested the s2000 and the 350....they said that the s2000 performs better on the track..BUT foreverday driving they choose the 350z cuz of the fact you dont need to downshift to get going.

I'd still rather have a 300z or s2000, something doesn't look right on the 350

232568_48_full.jpg

looks ok in my books =)

btw I'm not trying to list that the 350Z is any better then the S2000 becuase I think that comes down to the person driving it IMO I love torque and didnt think twice about NOT buying an S2000 becuase of that reason alone

the 350Z beat the S2000 but the RX8 beat both S2000 and 350Z so thats not saying much Bahhahaa

Bah I hate the RX8 IMO it looks um as 92b16vx said about the 350Z not right.....

The RX8 is ugly, and that's why I hate it and would never buy it.

As for the other two, I don't know. I'd rather have an older Z than either of them with a v8 or rb26dett swap.

But from those 3 cars, I'd choose the Z. Its the classiest and has that bottom end torque that is unavailable in a honda.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jul 6 2004, 12:39 AM
The RX8 is ugly, and that's why I hate it and would never buy it.

As for the other two, I don't know. I'd rather have an older Z than either of them with a v8 or rb26dett swap.

But from those 3 cars, I'd choose the Z. Its the classiest and has that bottom end torque that is unavailable in a honda.

Im with you on the older Z I would love to buy another Datsun but the problem with that is it cannot be a daily driver unless you live in areas like CA where rust is not a big issue

If I own another Datsun it's going to have a fully done up GNX motor or L28 stroked to a 3.1T motor too bad the car would have to sit in a AC/Heated garage becuase if not it would once again rust away

just yesterday I saw a VERY nice looking 280Z but.... with out having the room in the garage for it it's pointless to buy since it will just rust away

I'd drive all three, but I'd go for the mad launching ability and safety of AWD before any of them.

EVO 8 > STi > 350z > S2k > RX8

in that order.

For me it's the headlights, tail lights, and the chrome door handles and gas cap. If they color matched the handles/gas cap, rounded the light out even just a little bit, it would be one of the hottess cars around.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 6 2004, 12:53 AM
For me it's the headlights, tail lights, and the chrome door handles and gas cap. If they color matched the handles/gas cap, rounded the light out even just a little bit, it would be one of the hottess cars around.

I love the headlights and tail lights but I guess each to their own= )

the doorhandles I hated but they grew on me I really like them now but once again when I first saw the Z I hated them and um the gas cap? Im lost?

s4096f1971fc09.jpg

Hmm.. maybe I was thinking Audi TT on the gascap, or maybe the one here on post has one of those homo stick on chrome stickers or something.

Yea, it was the TT I was thinking of...

Green_TT_Rear.gif

But still not a fan of hte lights and handles :p

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 6 2004, 01:02 AM
Yea, it was the TT I was thinking of...

Green_TT_Rear.gif

But still not a fan of hte lights and handles :p

TT=ugly. I really don't like those cars... one of the cars i never liked.

I like the 350Z handles...and those headlights make it so i can spot it from far away and know it's a 350z

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 6 2004, 12:56 AM
You are very right! Top Gear does much better reviews...

Can you guess what car made best car of the year?
http://www.topgear.com/content/features/st...awards_2004/10/

WTF? The first review that I heard from them said they hated it and you could tell that it was inspired by the fat american lifestyle, the french engine sucked and had no personality, and the California styling was just not for them.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 6 2004, 12:53 AM

ditto. I don't mind the gas cap so much, but those door handles are just plain fucking ugly. If I bought one, the first thing I'd do is have them painted.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jul 6 2004, 08:56 AM-->
@Jul 6 2004, 12:56 AM
You are very right! Top Gear does much better reviews...

Can you guess what car made best car of the year?
http://www.topgear.com/content/features/st...awards_2004/10/

WTF? The first review that I heard from them said they hated it and you could tell that it was inspired by the fat american lifestyle, the french engine sucked and had no personality, and the California styling was just not for them.

sure it was the 2004 350???

Back