Saab like whoa.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Saab handles worse- the suspension is softer, and there's more toe in up front so you get more understeer.

Both companies have the same parent company Fujitsu, whereas GM Has a commanding share of SAAB but still shares control with Fujitsu and the same for Subaru, Fujitsu has a commanding share of the company...its all politics ;)

Originally posted by xyswany+Jul 7 2004, 07:58 PM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 7 2004, 05:51 PM
xyswany
@Jul 7 2004, 04:44 PM
NEVER buy a Saab if you intend on doing maintainance on it yourself, they are so over-engineered they could get the pope to swear.

I've heard similar things coming from die hard wood chucks about the mysterious evils of fuel injection. Go educate yourself, son, and Saabs won't be so overwhelming.

How many Saabs have you worked on there Loco?

Do you want the number of cars, or the number of months I worked at a Saab dealer?

owned-cat.jpg

DOHC_VTEC style :)

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 8 2004, 12:36 AM
Do you want the number of cars, or the number of months I worked at a Saab dealer?

definitely owned worthy :)

Originally posted by Havok@Jul 7 2004, 09:56 PM
DOHC_VTEC style :) [/QUOTE]
w00t! Thanks for remembering. :lol:

Anyway, I've never liked how Saab's looked, so I'm biased. I'm also biased because I drive a Subie. But I think Saab ruined the looks, especially with that ugly-ass hood scoop.

I am with you there. The drive in the 9-2 was pretty dissapointing. Granite I was comparing it to driving Chris's WRX so the comparison was not exactly fair on the power side of things but the suspension on the Saab made it almost no fun at all. Now the Mini Cooper on the other hand...

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 8 2004, 10:35 AM
I am with you there. The drive in the 9-2 was pretty dissapointing. Granite I was comparing it to driving Chris's WRX so the comparison was not exactly fair on the power side of things but the suspension on the Saab made it almost no fun at all. Now the Mini Cooper on the other hand...

Granite? Granted! :lol:

Yeah, that Mini was pretty sweet. You have to drive the S model if you think that one was cool though.

Wow, that was dumb. Wish I knew what I was thinking there.

I need to find a place that will let me test drive the S.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jul 8 2004, 12:34 PM
Wow, that was dumb. Wish I knew what I was thinking there.

I need to find a place that will let me test drive the S.

I love driving my dads mini S. The car feels so solid, and the brakes are GREAT. Only part that I dislike is the horrible one wheel wonderness when you turn the DSP off. This will be fixed in '05 when they add a LSD as standard equiptment on the S. I am also not a big fan of their drive by wire throttle. Its a little hesitent when you go to downshift quickly.

However, looking at the engine bay, I would HATE to work on it. Theres no room anywhere.

Can anyone vouch for Loco? Call me skeptical but I think he spews bullshit all day long.

Originally posted by xyswany@Jul 8 2004, 05:44 PM
Can anyone vouch for Loco? Call me skeptical but I think he spews bullshit all day long.

I guarantee he can walk circles around you, whether you're talking about fixing/modding cars, verbally sparring, or discussing the merits of single- vs. double-knotting your shoelaces.

Originally posted by xyswany@Jul 8 2004, 07:44 PM

Yes, you can rest assured you were 0wned :p

Originally posted by xyswany@Jul 8 2004, 06:44 PM

I think you can probably trust what he is saying.

Rest assured young grasshopper, the ownage was supreme.

well GM owns saab outright and part of subie so in the end we know where those cars are going...........down the drain

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jul 9 2004, 09:29 AM
or discussing the merits of single- vs. double-knotting your shoelaces.

That's actually something I haven't given much thought towards, as my sneakers are always tied and I just slip 'em on and off, and have stayed tied for upwards of two years. My boots, though, are a different story.

Single knotting is great if you're in a rush and don't plan on putting too much load on the shoe. Quick to do, and good enough for getting from here to there. However, at higher loads, where things like dwell between steps, accelleration and decelleration at the beginning and end of each step, and thermal expansion and contraction of the foot comes into play, the single knot just doesn't cut the mustard. Under these conditions, the static coefficient of friction in the structure of the single knot can't cope with the afforementioned forces.

The double knot is a true engineering marvel. It increases clamping forces by 134% at the cost of twice the tying time. Where the extra 34% comes from is in the fact that while it's a double knot, the internal surface area increases by 134% due to several lengths of string, which in the single knot, are only acted upon on one side, utilize both sides to hold the knot together.

Each knot has their purpose- the single knot is for daily walking and occasional romps down a sidewalk. The double knot is for those of us who are serious about keeping our shit together as we blast up a mountain path.

hahahhahahahahahahahahahah that's funny chit^^^^^^^

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 9 2004, 01:12 PM
Each knot has their purpose- the single knot is for daily walking and occasional romps down a sidewalk. The double knot is for those of us who are serious about keeping our shit together as we blast up a mountain path.

I disagree. The usage of the double knot is only necessary as compensation for inferior shoe lace material. When the proper lace material is matched to the application, only single knots are required. "Performance" laces are generally thicker and offer more surface area as well as a higher coefficient of friction, so they hold together under heavy use much better than normal every day pedestrian shoe laces.

The only time I double knot my shoes is when my laces are just a bit too long. Every other time, single knots have served me well- even when I'm blasting up and down a mountain path, playing a heated game of football or basketball, or vibrating my feet off during a frantic race.

It's all about having the proper tool for the job. :lol:

Back