Sacralige?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nismogod

Ok, i know i am going to catch a lot of flack for this question, but, i think it'll be funny and bad as all hell.

I had been told by some pretty devout Nissan nuts that it is possible and quite easy to swap a SR20DET into a civic. that i would need one out of a Pulsar or some other SR20 powered FWD turbo car. Mark<the guy tellin me about this> said he's seen it done a few times but it wasn't actually as hard as everyone thought, and he'd even seen it done once in a Hyundai. <sleeper from hell, lol> Now, i know this is hondaswap, and i know i'm gonna get shit sayin "just go with a B18 and boost it" well, everyone does the same thing, and i want to be different. besides, everyone will laugh @ my NISMO stickers. I waz just curious if anyone knew anything about this?

Seen it a couple times, there's a bunch of that going on in Thailand, cross manufactuer swap all over, Mitsu, and Nissans into Hondas, etc... as far as hard, if you can fabricate, no, just get it in the bay, and work out the mounts, than work out the wiring. Axles might be an issue, who knows, get a B18C swap :p

How about a F20C in a BMW?

bmw-f20c-2.jpg

Or a 2JZ-GTE in a Volvo?

carka4.jpg

Or maybe a 2JZ in a BMW...

carton4.jpg

Just silly...

imp-volvo2.jpg

A few weeks back, I saw a black '90-ish CRX, with a NISMO badge on his left rear hatch, a V6 badge on the right side... and with a DC2 teg spoiler. I'm very sorry that I didn't have my digicam with me that day. :lol:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 16 2004, 05:28 PM
A few weeks ago, I saw a 5.0L V8 in a Volvo wagon that fucked shit up. :)

That Volvo was definitely fucked up... but in a GOOD way. :D

can it be done? sure
has it been done? yup
should you do it? why bother. the sr20 motor is far from a great motor. its head fucking sucks. hell, the ka24e SINGLE CAM head out flows it by almost 40 cfm.

2.0L 200 horse. turbocharged

b20, b16 head, 200 horse, n/a.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 16 2004, 04:50 PM
can it be done? sure
has it been done? yup
should you do it? why bother. the sr20 motor is far from a great motor. its head fucking sucks. hell, the ka24e SINGLE CAM head out flows it by almost 40 cfm.

2.0L 200 horse. turbocharged

b20, b16 head, 200 horse, n/a.

:werd: :withstupid:

if you port and polish the head will that fix the bad flowing characteristics? if notm, what will help the most

personally, as you can tell by my screen name, i like nismo products. it isnt a big deal at all in a SR20 with minimal upgrades to be layin down 400hp. minimal i mean by different turbo and IC. i personally believe it is a great motor, and the tranny can be praised as well. sometimes it isn't all about just power, but where is exists and how long its there. no offense to honda's, cause i've got 2 and workin on gettin a third come july. and i'd do it because its different and i dont feel the need to be like every hatch owner out there. the whole volvo thing is quite common. www.jagsthatrun.com i can make the mounts, dunno bout wiring, ima tard on that subject. and why do a f20 in a BMW? to me thats odd. lol. i dunno, i dont like 1200rpm powerbands, or whatever they happen to be. "sir you will have power from 7200rpms to 8400rpms. Enjoy." and axles wont be an issue, i have a great relationship with gator axels. i appreciate all the input, even tho some of it was far from constructive. lol. thats it, i'm building a frame, and usin a smallblock V8 and setting my civic shell on top. itll be good. lol. btw, that was a joke, we've done that with a 390<bigblock> and a VW beetle
  1. already.

Originally posted by nismogod@May 17 2004, 05:07 AM
it isnt a big deal at all in a SR20 with minimal upgrades to be layin down 400hp. minimal i mean by different turbo and IC.

FWD SR20DE's aren't turbocharged though (not the SE-R's at least), so you'd have to add it completely.

..... if you actually knew that much about nismo parts then you wouldnt have asked this question in the first place.

ive seen a few 4g63t's from TSi's in a few EG civic coupes.... wish i had the links to the pics.... :(

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 17 2004, 03:17 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 17 2004, 01:55 AM
nismogod
@May 17 2004, 05:07 AM
it isnt a big deal at all in a SR20 with minimal upgrades to be layin down 400hp. minimal i mean by different turbo and IC.

FWD SR20DE's aren't turbocharged though (not the SE-R's at least), so you'd have to add it completely.

the awd (which sits in FWD layout) from the bluebird is

That's the one that made me think to put it in paraenthasis :p Saw one cruising down the street the other day. But isn't the T an indicator that it's turbo? I thought the SR20DE was non, and the SR20DET was the turbo version.

sorry nissan ninja, just because i like nismo doens't mean that i know all things about them. nor does anyone know all things about anything. and the SR20 DET <turbo> platforms used for FWD cars were AWD in japan. Bluebird and the Pulsar GTi-R <i may be mistaken on exact lettering>

Originally posted by nismogod@May 17 2004, 04:19 PM
sorry nissan ninja, just because i like nismo doens't mean that i know all things about them. nor does anyone know all things about anything. and the SR20 DET <turbo> platforms used for FWD cars were AWD in japan. Bluebird and the Pulsar GTi-R <i may be mistaken on exact lettering>

Ok, First, you lose.

Second, I really dont expect you to know everything as I think there about 10 people on here that actually even know what NISMO means....

Third, Seriously, there are many more versions of the SR20det, than just the bluebird and GTi-R (yes, you spelled them correctly). some of them actually were fwd, BUT its hard to find a motor importer that will import the FWD version as its basically worthless to do, since your going to be using a FWD trans from the US anyway.

Forth, sadly enough im with Brian on this, Mostly. The sr20det has a bad flowing head and has problems that are, well less than good. So what to do...

Even though there are downsides to the motor, I would still say you try it. Althought, you will probably end up regreting it.

So, seriously, what would i really recommend? BUY THE REAL GTi-R AND HAVE FUN WITH THAT! when you get down to it, youre just trying to make another vehicle as good as it already is. It would be less work, more fun, and whole lot more reliable.

One more thing.... I KNOW EVERYTHING!!!! B) :p

wtf? why do i lose? you lose. lol. we all lose.

nismo doesn't mean nissan motorsports?

and i'm aware of several versions of the SR20, i was merely pointing out the feasible ones for a FWD swap, that are readily available. i apologize.

every ENGINE has a down side, or several. <motors are electric to be technical>

perhaps i'll try it. i was looking to see if anyone had any info on it, not if anyone felt the need to be a deuche. but its cool, i honestly expected it. not anyone imparticular, but in general.

perhaps a RWD civic? lol

Back