Sad Day For me today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ripperbone

angry bear
Rest In Peace
Well today is my last day of work :cry: the plant I worked at has been shutting down, and yesterday I got the last bit of equiptment shipped out. it sucks cause I will miss some of the people that I had worked with. out of 800 people in the plant I was the only one left besides some of the office people. I was lucky enought to last this long, most of the people were gone in august and october.

So today I am staying at home doing some job searches, and on monday I am going to file for my unemployment and the other benefits I am suppose to file for.

I dont think it has fully hit me yet that I am unemployed. I have been looking at getting another job in the computer field but now am realizing that I should find something different since most companys are going out of the country.

damn outsourcing

corporations are dumb.

you cant outsource an IT guy, and heres why.

-noone can fix your "pc load letter" problem from another continent.
-you cant always restart a server remotely
-need a new blackberry battery but dont even know how to get the battery hatch off? well if you overnight priority it to india ill do it for you
-how comforatable are you with someone in another country handling your entire company's email infrastructire? fuck i know i wouldnt be
-who would implement new technology and fix hardware issues?

yeah. i know i picked the right part of the computer fields.

Quoted post[/post]]
:cry: what type of IT stuff do you do?
I didnt do any IT stuff I was running the shipping Department

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd:
sad day indeed

did the jobs from your plant get sent overseas?
Yes we sent stuff to Mexico, China, Tawain, and France.

the building that Celestica owned with the land, they sold to Intel.
and its funny cause now corporate is seeing the shitting work that Mexico is doing and realized that they made a mistake buy shutting us down. they were going to reopen the plant but since they sold the building to Intel they fucked up.

and some of the biggest clients (Alcatel, Topspin/Cysco, Avaya, Lucent) are not happy with the crappy work that the Mexico plant is doing, plus they cant produce the work that we did. I am sure that the companys will pull out of Celestica.

Quoted post[/post]]
i think out sourcing will fail one of these days.
:withstupid:

I have a degree in CAD, and I am leaning towards finding another drafting job.

i'm not trying to offend you, but why did you wait until your last day to start looking for a job when everybody else was gone in August or October? you could have been ready to go the day the ball dropped, now you are in a tight spot unless you have some money saved up....

i'm not trying to offend you, but why did you wait until your last day to start looking for a job when everybody else was gone in August or October? you could have been ready to go the day the ball dropped, now you are in a tight spot unless you have some money saved up....

unemployment f00

free money > money you earn anyday
lol

everyone else was gone in aug or oct cause they were no longer needed/fired...

but you do have a good point...

Quoted post[/post]]

unemployment f00

free money > money you earn anyday
lol

everyone else was gone in aug or oct cause they were no longer needed/fired...

but you do have a good point...

its not free.

if you dont pay taxes on your unemployment money, it will build up and youll be fucked at the end of the year :)

its not free.

if you dont pay taxes on your unemployment money, it will build up and youll be fucked at the end of the year

lmao, that makes no sense what-so-ever

free money less taxes on said free money still = free money

you don't have to pay the tax to get the money...

well, technically you do when you;re working, but after you;re collecting its still free
lol

Quoted post[/post]]
its not free.

if you dont pay taxes on your unemployment money, it will build up and youll be fucked at the end of the year

lmao, that makes no sense what-so-ever

free money less taxes on said free money still = free money

you don't have to pay the tax to get the money...

well, technically you do when you;re working, but after you;re collecting its still free
lol

its not free to me, since i have to pay for your unemployment :p in his case though I dont mind. its those fuckers who DONT want to work that should be shot.

yea i guess its not free to me either...

well, actually...
unemployment is usually run by your state...

and people that don;t work can;t collect unemployment... :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
:laugh: I didnt wait till the last day, I have been job searching since they anounced the closing of the plant back in March of last year. no I am not in a tight spot with money. I have several job options, I just am in the spot if I want to stay in the computer field or not.
and like Steathmode said the job market is not all that great in Colorado. it is better down in Denver than it is up north in Ft. Collins. right now I am looking to find a job that suits me up in the northern area before I decieded to head back down to denver.

I have never filed for unemployment before in my life but it is something that i have to do for my TAA. I rather not collect unemployment. I would rather work

TAA is a goverment funding for people that work in a company that shuts downbecause it got moved out of the country.
the goverment helps with schooling, helps pay for moving expensives if you get another job out of state. and some other things also.

take the unemployment. theres no shame in it.
90% of america has been laid off at some point and took the unemployment checks for a little while.
companies pay for unemployment insurance. take it.

companies pay for unemployment insurance. take it.

:werd:
this isn't a hand out in anyway

companies have to pay for the insurance and their rate is based on how many people they have fired or laid off etc etc...
so its really prepaid so no reason not to take the money...

well I am going to file on monday for the unemployment.

but I have good news, I have another interview for a job on Monday doing the same stuff I was doing, but they offered me more money.

Back