Saddam's Trial

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I find this whole trial situation to be truly disgusting...

I heard on NPR this morning about the first witness to testify, some woman that was apparently taken by saddam's intelligence at age 16. She said she had been beaten and forced to undress in front of the intelligence officials...

Now my question would be, whats so different between this and what the CIA operatives were doing to Iraqi citizens held in detainment centers?

whether or not he's found guilty of war crimes, he will not be released.... no way. he's going to be found guilty of something...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Didn't he kill a bunch of his own people back in the 80's tho?

no he's a saint. I think he was framed. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Now my question would be, whats so different between this and what the CIA operatives were doing to Iraqi citizens held in detainment centers?

we were holding people that did things wrong.

Yeah and then raping them...

Isn't this what we wanted ?

And now you people (sic) are LOVING this persian peice of shit.

I predicted this fully. It's this kind of rhetoric that has nullified our actions (And deaths) in Iraq. We went in, he's out, let the fucker go in Times Square.

His tyranny and cruelty is something that most will never even comprehend. Place no halo on his head, Do not vilify those that have done what the public outcry was to do:

Get terrorists.

They should've just buried him in that hole where they found him...

...*pulls pin*....*looks around*.....*drops grenade*

-boom-

incorrect, we were holding absolutely anyone that was sold to the US troops...
yea, thats right, SOLD
any iraqi could drop the dime on any other person for the reward money that was being offered...
so to say that ALL THESE citizens did something wrong?? get real

I predicted this fully. It's this kind of rhetoric that has nullified our actions (And deaths) in Iraq. We went in, he's out, let the fucker go in Times Square.

His tyranny and cruelty is something that most will never even comprehend. Place no halo on his head, Do not vilify those that have done what the public outcry was to do:

Get terrorists.
who the fuck is WE??!?!??!?!
get terrorists? yea cool plan, where the fuck is osama again???
and why are we in a country that we HAD ABSOLUTELY no proof that they were involved in attacking us on 9/11??
and why aren't the people responsible for 9/11 being brought to justice?

and i think you misunderstood this thread...
its not about loving saddam, its more along the lines of how can we charge him and hold a trial for HIS war crimes without having Bush and Co in the defendants box with him...?

Quoted post[/post]]
yea, thats right, SOLD
any iraqi could drop the dime on any other person for the reward money that was being offered...

Get terrorists.
who the fuck is WE??!?!??!?!
get terrorists? yea cool plan, where the fuck is osama again???
and why are we in a country that we HAD ABSOLUTELY no proof that they were involved in attacking us on 9/11??
and why aren't the people responsible for 9/11 being brought to justice?

and i think you misunderstood this thread...
its not about loving saddam, its more along the lines of how can we charge him and hold a trial for HIS war crimes without having Bush and Co in the defendants box with him...?

I don't disagree, but, are you saying that we shouldn't charge him and put him away, even though you think we should not have been there in the first place?

I think it was SNL that did a skit where George Bush was planning waiting until the elections were near, then letting saddam go on the whitehouse lawn. Then shooting him dead infront of everyone as he tried to escape. (yeah, its a bit aged, so what)

Funny shit.

Honestly, the grenade thing should have happened. *BOOF* Can we get a 'Dozer over here??

My favorite SNL presidential skit was one where they guy (spade??) wakes up in the whitehouse, hung over as hell and asks the secret service guy what the hell he was doing there. The SS guy said "you are the president" He of course doesn't believe him, blah blah blah. Anyway, the SS guy was telling him all of the great things he has done as president, such as permanently fixing the drug problem and removing all of the guns.

The guy was drunk the entire time he was president, so he has no memory of any of this whatsoever. Apparently he drank himself in a stuper and stayed that way. Ran for president, won, and was serving his second term or some shit when he accidentally sobered up.

Anyway, they were reviewing his presidency and he asked "how did I solve america's drug problem??" The SS guy says "Well, that was your 'give me your drugs or we'll blow your fucking heads off' policy".. Then he asks how he got rid of the guns, and the SS guy says "That was your 'give me your guns or we'll blow your fucking heads off' campaign"

Anyway, US had something like 54 states and had given away hawii and alaska.. and aquired various small countries with the "give me your country or we'll blow your fucking heads off" plan.

Funny shit. Would love to see that again. I never catch it in the re-runs..

I don't disagree, but, are you saying that we shouldn't charge him and put him away, even though you think we should not have been there in the first place?

no, i think he should be charged and put in jail if convicted...

but it should be handled by the UN war crimes tribunal, or perhaps as a crime against humanity...

the trial should not be handled by a puppet gov't put in place by the US...

and do you really think this trial will have any effect on the situation in iraq?

[quote name='reckedracing' date='Dec 6 2005, 01:54 PM' post='623842']
yea, thats right, SOLD

so your saying all the people we were holding did nothing wrong? you get real. hoestly i dont care if a person was arrested for just having one more gun then they were allowed or were out past curfew, they were arrested for a reason. if one of there own turned them in for money that is not our fault by anymeans. as far as im concerned they should be happy for only being stipped of clothes and shit.

so your saying all the people we were holding did nothing wrong? you get real. hoestly i dont care if a person was arrested for just having one more gun then they were allowed or were out past curfew, they were arrested for a reason. if one of there own turned them in for money that is not our fault by anymeans. as far as im concerned they should be happy for only being stipped of clothes and shit.

uh, being turned in for a reward does NOT equal being arrested for a reason...

and how is it not our fault, the whole situation is our fault...

and offering a reward in a poverty stricken country is the best way to get suspected terrorists???

there are many documented cases where people were sold into US custody but had no connections to the insurgency or terrorist activities...

as far as im concerned they should be happy for only being stipped of clothes and shit
you obviously missed the point of this thread...

no its not "our" fault. the troops are sent there to do a job. people get turned in and they become prisoners simple as that.

doesn't your above statement disagree with your other statement?

either they did things wrong, or they were turned in for the reward money, which is it?

Hey lets all hug trees and be unrealistic because we live in a perfect world!

///Napoleon Dynamite voice "Iddddddddddddddddddioooooooooooooooot!"

Why even waste tax dollars on this piece of shit? Let him free on the streets of NYC and see how he fares.

Knowing him he'd pull some charismatic dictator shit and align all the miscreant factions to rise up against the US Govt.

Sounds like a movie plot...

Back