Safe limit revving???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yangl82

Help me!!! I want to buy a local car near me... and im not sure if the engine is still good...he says his b16a1 can rev up to 9500 rpms safely..(which makes me think, he kills the shi* out of it) heres his list of description:

1989 Honda Civic Si. CAR MUST GO, MAKE OFFER - Price reduced for the 3rd time. Complete race setup for drag or autocross. Car is in great shape, garage kept. Drivetrain consists of JDM SiR b16a shortblock with all ITR upper engine compenents. Ported ITR intake manifold, CTR cams, milled head, EF1 gen2 valvetrain, tapered JG 65mm throttle body, Ractive header, 2-1/4" dynomax exhaust, HAsport mount and linkage kit, 5-bolt cam gears, PR3 chipped ECU with spoon chip, hondata gaskets, magnecor wires, short shifter, J1 trans with 4.56 final drive and Action 1MS 6 puck racing clutch. Redline is 9,200rpm has power SAFELY over 9500rpm. Includes zex nitrous system but has never been filled, I blew the previous engine with it and I have been scared to use it since. Skunkworks coilovers, tokico shocks, all polyurethane bushings, Integra spindles with Brembo 10.3" rotors and ceramic pads and strut tower brace make it handle like a champ. All front end parts were replaced including ball joints, tie rod ends and axles. Autometer gauges and shift light on stock tach and Kenwood cd player included. Must see. Won RPM summer slam 2004 best engine install. Comes with 2 sets of wheels - 17x7 Pulse with Wanli 205/40ZR/17 for cruising and Honda HX rims with 195/60/14 for racing. Car ran 13.7 @ 104mph. Video can be provided via email. Odometer says 170k but that doesn't really mean anything on this car. Only has a few minor paint imperfections.

can his engine really rev up to 9500 rpms safely??? :unsure:

it pretty much looks like he rechipped it and ran it up there a few times to see what he can push. So i would agree with you and say he beat the shit out of it.

last time I checked CTR cams start loosing power at around 8400ish rpm, why would he run it up to 9200 or even 9500???

the higher the rpm the more likely your going to blow shit up, even with built parts.

ya def. sounds like he was just wingin it up there to say hey i reved up to 9500 and didnt pop my motor! but that is rippin the b16 a new one if u know wut i mean...

Back