safe redline B18A1??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dougcrx

What would be a safe redline for an Ls motor that has been built with 11:1 wiseco piston, eagle rods, block guard, stainless valves, springs, retainers, guides, etc.?
I was talking to crane the other day and they recommended a cam (101-0016) that I feel might be too big. Would I be able to spin an Ls motor up to 8,000 rpm?
What else could I do to the motor so it could handle those kind of rpms? I don't really what to go long rod. Also I plan on running a large shot of nitrous and the car is a street car. Thanks Doug

at that rpm, balance is crucial. make sure you have faith in your mechanic and have the crank balanced and clearances checked. i would highly reccomend you run WITH the stock crank pulley for the bennefits of the harmonic balancer. other than that, sounds like you've got a pretty decent setup to handle 8000 rpm.

Ls motors are like b20's and high revving is not your friend.
I wouldn't go higher than say 7600rpm, but thats just me or get a shift lite with a 7600rpm pill. if you're motor is built to rev high then just check your motor often make sure theres no knocking.

Thanks for the info. I will stay with a stock crank pulley. Do you think it would stay in balance if I had the power steering and ac grooves taken out?
Any other suggestions for spinning a Ls to 8,000 safely?

Back