1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Safe rev for a d15b2

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by rudeludenotmeanthough, Sep 23, 2003.

1. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

A friend of mine has a 90 Civic hatch DX with a d15b2. His car is not equiped with a tach, so we are going to install one. No not a monster tach, just a lil one that get the job done. sorry to disappoint you guys... :p But anyways, i would like to know where the red line starts on these motors. Thank you.

2. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

hmm... if i remember correctly ,. the redline on the D15 motors starts shortly after idle...... but realistcally... i wouldn't take it past 5500... maybe 6000.....

3. rudeludenotmeanthough

that seems kinda low. But obviously i have no clue or else i wouldnt have posted the question. Any other input?

4. EGLSHB

EGLSHB Senior Member

well... we are talking about an older motor... i am sure it will rev higher than that... and i am not sure where the fuel cutoff is, probably 65-6700 RPM,
    but the numbers i gave are strictly for "playing it safe"

5. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

ya i blew my b2 at 8200 rpm and the second one worked up to 7200 with the limiter removed and fuel bumped up. I still have the b2 as a back up in the corner and it ran strong for 7 mounths until i removed it

6. rudeludenotmeanthough

so what would you recommend as a safe redline on this motor?

7. commador

commador Member

6500 should be a good redline. My d15 will pull until around there, then it runs out of cam, ha, I need to do a mini-me ;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted