Safe to use -4AN on Mitsu TD05H-18G?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbosupra

Quick question,

I've got a GReddy/Mitsu 18G for a 2000 Civic Si that's got a sabatoged oil line. GReddy used some chinky line on the thing and it's a real POS to replace. They're not in stock with GReddy USA and I don't have 2 months to wait for it to slow boat from Japan to here (or however long it'll take.)

I've been looking around at replacing this line, and it's not some easy to do simple project. I've found a fairly easy way to replace it with a -4AN line, and I've seen several people say they're using an -4AN on this 18G, I just wanted to make sure before I blow this thing up. :)

I've identified the thread on the turbo as M10x1.25 and the Civic Si block seems to be very close to M10x1.0, but slightly different? Any help would be appreiciated. I need to get this Turbo Si back on the road. :p Thanks!

:blink:

Thanks,

I had read briefly about BSPT 1/8" in one of many Google searches...never suspected this thread to be it. :) That solves one of the two problems.

Now I just need to see if using -4AN on the 18G turbo is safe, matching it to -6AN is goign to be really expensive, and nearly impossible to find a banjo fitting in M10x1.25 to -6AN. And -5AN is just too uncommon.

Who sells a BSPT 1/8" to AN adapter? Aeroquip? Earl's? Russel? ... I'll start looking now, but if anyone knows, please volunteer. ;)

oilpressurefittings.JPG

(a)1/8 BSPT to -4 (or -3 if u want) male/male
ss line to firewall
npt "t" fitting
plug the oil sender in one hole, and use 2 more of the npt fittings (a) on the other two holes... for the ss line... and then use another ss line to go to the turbo

Back