safer internals?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrfd3s

I'm in the market for a new car and I can't decide between a 96'+ Integra GSR or LS. I'm not going to do much to it besides a basic turbo kit ,either drag or greddy (I'm going with one of these two because these are the only two the shop I know carry and they give mea big discount),and just some suspension and thats about it. This car will be my daily driver so its going to have to be reliable and last long. So which car would be better to use with a turbo kit? I'm not going to change any internals or anything. I've heard around that if boosted.. the LS would make just as much as the GSR boosted. On the 2002 October issue of Turbo magazine, they tested the LS with the greddy turbo kit and the GSR with the greddy turbo kit. The LS put down 164 hp and the GSR put down 255hp. But on overboost.com (http://overboost.com/story.asp?id=57), they took a stock LS and just put on a Drag turbo kit and it put down 257hp. How is this? Are the kits that different that there can be a difference that significant in the LS's, or is the overboost article BS, because it doesn't even mention anything about injectors? Please give me some advice and thanks a lot in advanced. (sorry for the long post)

the GSR will probably cost more... but is the better motor in the long run.

94-95 is better. obd1 rocks.

obd2 sucks :(

The later obd2's look a little better than it's older brother, but you can covert the odb2 to 1 pretty easily.

Milan

thanks guys. The Drag Gen III kit for the GSR doesn't include injectors with it so whats the biggest injectors i can get while still using the "FMU"? I don't have any extra money for hondata. Or can I still use the stock injectors with the boost turned a tad over stock? I will not be getting anything to tune the fuel or anything like that. I'm trying to keep the price of this whole thing to a minimum and would like to keep it as close to stock with the kit as possible. So can I just get injectors without getting hondata? If so which ones should i get? Or should I just stick with my stock injectors? thanks! Oh and I will be getting a later model Integra because I need one in excellent condition and with low enough miles to put a turbo.

with an FMU, you use your stock injectors. it increases fuel pressure with relation to boost pressues (ie, 12:1).

if you don't have money for a hondata, i think you should go LS and get a hondata and a better kit.

FMU's suck boner ass. I'd rather walk.

Back