Safer ways to use NOS to make motor last?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slammedb18acivic

im going to put a zex system in my 00b16a2 motor .Are there certain ways to use nos to not wear the motor as bad? Im sure it needs to be used right including not using it in the red zone.

The biggest thing that will save your engine is upgrading your fuel delivery and making sure that your motor is not running lean when the nitrous is delivered, if its running lean you will get detonation which will ruin your engine faster. Also dont try to run your stock engine at a HP shot that the internals will not be able to handle for your engine I would not go past 50-55 shot on stock internals if you want your motor to last. As far as usage remember that Nitrous is torque sensitive so don't use it off the line till you get going, dont use it with excessive weight in the car, and dont use it if your engine is not reving hard. What happens in these situations if you are using a wet system is fuel puddling which can cause an explosion that may or may not damage parts.

nitrous itself is fairly safe as long as you have enough fuel for it.
I've seen 150shots on stock GSR motors work fine - the person in question had it setup as a 50-100 2 stage though to minimize the shock to the motor.

you might look into a progressive shot system. i know a dude thats running a stock integra ls with a 150 progressive shot, direct port system. like stated before wet and dry makes a diff.

Back