1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

salvage yard springs

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by turntune, Oct 13, 2002.

1. turntune

turntune Member

how good are Aerospeed springs?
    yesterday I bought 4...rear being progressive rate, and the rears came with monroe gas-a-just struts....they were on a totaled 5g hatch. I got them b/c my teg springs were saggin in the rear. I put teg springs on the rear of my 5g civic sedan about 1 yrs ago..well, I had to cut the teg springs for the ride height I wanted...these aerospeed springs dropped my civic almost 2 inchs!. the ride is nice and smooth, not bouncy like my old springs, and I must say the monroes aren't bad....thinkin of tokico blues in the future though...but fer now....$40 for all 4 springs and the struts..I could't pass it up!....until next months yard adventure!

2. HondasHateMe

HondasHateMe Senior Member

Nice find man! If they ride good who cares if they're arospeed or not. I went to my local yard 2 weeks ago and the guy wanted $40 a piece for 1 front and 1 rear assembly, and that was me pulling them. Sooo...I passed him up on them and bought agx's and neuspeed springs instead. Goin on the sol next weekend.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

aerospeed - matrix - ractive - etc
    garbage for tuning- just fine for ghetto handeling lowering :)

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

but they are better than cut springs

5. paragus

paragus Senior Member

anything is better than cut springs.

6. turntune

turntune Member

well, after a full workday with the "new" springs... rides nice...but can notice the fatigued front struts....if the front dampened like the rear...would be a nice ride...is nice till a dip in the road or a repair in the ashphalt....so it sits 6" to the lowest spot on the front fascia...anyone still have their oem setup so I can get actual drop?...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted