Same old Question, 97 ek coupe, h22 or b20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killercannible

Heres the thing. I want reliabilty, power, and to be semi unique(kinda impossible to be unique with honda swaps). I love the b series because they are tough and reliable and with my car it is a bolt in swap. But i want more power. I want a b20 vtec or i want to go the difficult way and be diffrent from the cars i see daily and go with an h22. I want to hear what you guys think. I know people who can back me up on wiring and shit so i'm not too scared of an h22 swap. But i know a b20 will be reliable and i have only heard and seen mixed results with h22's. H22 or b20 vtec. (also give me your idea of monetary expeditures)

I say go h22, i haven't heard of any reliable b20v's to date!
In the end i think you'll be happier with the h22.
Altho the K series is looking better and better every day. :)
I think in the end they swap will cost about the same as well.
(for a RELIABLE b20v / h22)
h22 swap~$3300;
Swap: $2400
Axles: $200
Mounts: $300
Wiring: $250
Exhaust: $100
Misc small shit: $50
I'm sure you can do it for less/more, and i haven't heard of any reliable b20v's to break down the prices, im not sure what is involved in building reliability for that.
Go H! either way good luck with the swap :)

I don't know, b20's are cheap and easy to swap. Not to mention b20 vtec is just as easy and reliable as ls/vtec. Its pretty much the same motor with more displacement as an ls.

Yea they are cheaper than an h22.
b20 complete swap = $1200-1400?
Add VTEC head tho +$500ish.
Add oil lines/gaskets etc + $150
GSR Oil pump + $40-80
h22 = $2200-2500
To tell you the truth, i don't know alot about lsV or b20V because i haven't seen one run reliably, and didn't have the interest to learn more.
It's like learning about Chevy cars, the constant bad things help you lean towards a new pick.
I still vote H22 :)
Reliable 200hp 152tq > Possibly reliable ~180hp ~135tq
Good luck tho, I'm sure some other HS'ers can chime in more about it.
Try posting in the engine building forum here to see what you need to build a reliable setup.

well, I have an H22A civic coupe and my friend down the street has a b20vtec in his 93 teg and I pull on him every morning going to work.....kinda to remind him he shoulda got an H22

.............just my .02 :p

h22 all the way, my buddy has one in his ek and he pulls sti's all day....and bad....im guessing his car runs 12's.

Originally posted by SpoonTuNed@Sep 21 2005, 12:13 AM
h22 all the way, my buddy has one in his ek and he pulls sti's all day....and bad....im guessing his car runs 12's.
[post=557524]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm guessing he has work done :)
EK+h22 != 12

Originally posted by VTECin5th+Sep 21 2005, 05:52 AM-->
SpoonTuNed
@Sep 21 2005, 12:13 AM
[post=557524]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm guessing he has work done :)
EK+h22 != 12
[post=557608]Quoted post[/post]​

nope, just a h22a with a header, msd, and chipped ecu. no joke

Back