Same-sex marriage pioneers separate

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
BOSTON - The lesbian couple whose lawsuit led to legal same-sex marriage in Massachusetts have announced they have separated.
"Julie and Hillary Goodridge are amicably living apart," Mary Breslauer, a local political consultant, said Thursday night on their behalf. Breslauer declined to comment on how long they had been separated or whether the couple planned to divorce.
The Goodridges were among seven gay couples whose lawsuit helped thrust Massachusetts into the center of a nationwide debate on gay marriage. The state's Supreme Judicial Court issued its narrow 4-3 ruling in November 2003 in their favor — saying gays and lesbians had a right under the state constitution to wed.
The Goodridges were married May 17, 2004, the first day same-sex marriages became legal under the court ruling, by a Unitarian Universalist minister. Their daughter, Annie, now 10, served as ring-bearer and flower girl.

so wtf was the point???

Same-sex marriage pioneers separate - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
The same could be asked of any marriage that didn't work.

As for the point of them fighting... to make it legal.

I say take away the government aid/tax benefits for married couples, and get rid of this whole alimony garbage, and see how many people get married. Marriage was originally set apart for people who wanted to make a lifelong commitment official. Take away the benefits garbage and I bet a lot less people will be getting married.

"His butt is sagging, and isn't as tight as it used to be"
"Oh yeah ? Well your tongue tastes like Thad's dick!"

oh my god I couldn't imagine hearing that shit day in and day out.

One faggot to other before their honeymoon:

"Are you ready to go to the cab?"

"No ! I have to pack your shit first !"

Back