samidy cam

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OGMatt

Not a real OG lol
hey, I have a 1989 crx si with the stock d16a6 motor and was wondering if ther is an aftermarket cam for my motor besides the zc one. and I was also wondering what hp gains to expect. thanks:)

Uhh, what are your future intentions with the engine? No sense in making useless mods. And HP gains are going to depend heavily on the supporting mods. Camshafts are usually designed to work with headwork, valves, valvesprings, timing changes, tuning, etc. All of these things will yield different power levels, so I guess the question is: How far do you plan on going with it, and how far are you right now?

well if i knew if I could get a good cam i will then look at valves, valve springs, rockers, ect.

just get a custom grind from exospeed or bisi

Seriously, once you move past bolt-ons, the engine needs to be planned/engineered as a package to achieve a desired horsepower goal/power characteristic. You need to have a final plan in mind when gathering parts for an engine build. You can't just buy it one piece at a time without forethought and expect the results to be optimal.

Back