1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

samidy cam

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by OGMatt, Apr 28, 2009.

1. OGMatt

OGMatt Not a real OG lol

hey, I have a 1989 crx si with the stock d16a6 motor and was wondering if ther is an aftermarket cam for my motor besides the zc one. and I was also wondering what hp gains to expect. thanks:)

2. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Uhh, what are your future intentions with the engine? No sense in making useless mods. And HP gains are going to depend heavily on the supporting mods. Camshafts are usually designed to work with headwork, valves, valvesprings, timing changes, tuning, etc. All of these things will yield different power levels, so I guess the question is: How far do you plan on going with it, and how far are you right now?

3. OGMatt

OGMatt Not a real OG lol

well if i knew if I could get a good cam i will then look at valves, valve springs, rockers, ect.

4. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

just get a custom grind from exospeed or bisi

5. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Seriously, once you move past bolt-ons, the engine needs to be planned/engineered as a package to achieve a desired horsepower goal/power characteristic. You need to have a final plan in mind when gathering parts for an engine build. You can't just buy it one piece at a time without forethought and expect the results to be optimal.

1 person likes this.
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted