Sandwiches (Sammiches)!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol Well its a thick yellow (for lack of a better word) sauce, kind of between the consistency or pudding and shortening. Made with egg yolks for sure, but after that idk. Fuckin delicious! Probably horrible for you, but what isnt? If I can make the stuff at home itd sure be cheaper than hitting the restaurant now and then.

Most results seem to think the OPs are talking about "Golden Egg Sauce." But they're all pretty indecisive.

25_poster_4ef296bedb995_Bacon-Egg.jpg

Local restaurant thats been around since the 40s has been on man vs food with their Thurmanator challenge. I haven't tried it, dont know if I ever will. But they have some damn good burgers! Might stop in today.

3913915410_02b248244d_b-1000x750.jpg

The Thurmanator" consists of (from bottom): bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, banana peppers, 12 ounce burger, bacon, cheddar, another 12 oz burger, sautéed mushrooms & onions, ham, mozzarella & American cheese, top bun and is served with fries.*

sausage and spaghetti sandwich on cheesy garlic toast
spaghetti_sandwich-e1354592437551-1024x842.jpg

Disregard Jeffie. I tried a recipe I found for a "Sakura Sauce." Just about nailed it. Ughhhhh Bout to feast as soon as this rice is done cooking and I cook up some shrimp.

Japanese Egg Yolk SauceINGREDIENTS:3 egg yolks*1/2 teaspoon lemon juice*2 1/2 tablespoons white miso paste*1 cup vegetable oil*salt to taste*1 pinch freshly ground white pepper*1/4 teaspoon grated yuzu (Japanese orange), lemon or lime peel*DIRECTIONS:In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks and lemon juice with a wooden spoon. Beat*in vegetable oil a few drops at a time, beating well after each addition*until the mixture begins to emulsify. When all of the oil has been incorporated,stir in the miso, salt, white pepper and grated yuzu. Refrigerate in a squeezebottle for convenient application.

Don't worry! I'll make it into a sandwich. Don't wanna post off topic.

Last edited:
Has any other thread ever before spontaneously spawned its own brand new thread years later?

The sammich thread is so epic that it has become sentient and it's reproducing!

Got the urge to try one of these the other night:

20120523-207677-Straw-The-Ringmaster-Left.JPG

Just have to find a place that sells them.

scottish-deep-fried-cheeseburger-08-1000.jpg

Also want to try a deep fried beer battered burger.

rsz_philly.jpg

Steak hoagie muhfughu

rsz_road-trip-to-cleveland-106.jpg

Godfather grilled cheese. 3 cheese lasagna, provolone cheese, marinara on garlic toast covered in parmesan. FUCKING SMART.

Last edited:
I think he's referring to whatever that other thread was that ALSO sucked so bad it became the sandwich thread.

Back