Sandwiches (Sammiches)!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know I am a little late to this thread, but I saw it and instantly thought "didn't we already have a sammich thread?" Then I remembered the jack ass that spawned that thread and lol. Now I am curious what thread started this one, since sammiches only come up when a thread goes way off the deep end.

PS: I love sammiches!

Just so everyone is clear
From the urban dictionary
1 SAMMICH
A sammich is a type of sandwich. However, it is not just any kind of sandwich. Any old schmuck can throw lunchmeat between two slices of bread and have a sandwich.

But no. A sammich is not just a sandwich, it is not just a meal. Sammich is a term reserved for only the holiest and mightiest of all sandwiches. A sammich is a true work of culinary art; a feast on a bun, if you will. A sammich is not made of the best ingredients; it is made of the *right* ingredients. It needs the right meats, and the right cheese(s), the right sauce, the right veggies, and the right kind of bread.

Taking footlong sub bread and throwing every kind of meat and cheese and everything else under the sun or in your kitchen pantry on it does not a sammich make. It is akin to an incohesive mishmosh of colors on an artist's easel.

Sandwiches make a good snack, but sammiches are forever.

Last edited:
sandwich.jpg

Well this time the jack ass couldn't handle it, whined, and had the mods split em. :lol: I didn't just break tradition. Haha

Well this time the jack ass couldn't handle it, whined, and had the mods split em. :lol: I didn't just break tradition. Haha

I didnt whine about shit, I asked for my thread title too be corrected, the sammich thread becoming its own thing wasnt my idea

Annnnnd now you know. ;)

I really would like too request that my thread title gets put back too what it was, and the sandwich shit gets taken off, people want too get mad about me posting in other places, but my threads got taken over with bullshit...

Didn't say you requested it become it's own thread, just that you whined (see above quote) and had them split it (by result.) No need to get butt hurt, buddy. :)

Last edited:
Annnnnd now you know. ;)

Didn't say you requested it become it's own thread, just that you whined (see above quote) and had them split it (by result.) No need to get butt hurt, buddy. :)

Nope. He just wanted the title changed back (no problem) and the sandwich stuff cleared out (ehh, ok) so I split it up. My call. I went and "fixed" about 6 threads, all related to the same BS.

Tonight I'm going to make a killer sandwich. It shall have all the required elements of greatness.

Instructions will begin with the amazing "Weave a mat of bacon."

First, weave a mat of bacon. Make it square, so trim off about 1.5" of the fatty-end of the strips. You'll wind up with some little bits you'll want for later. Cook said mat of bacon, no need for pics here, if you don't know how to do this, you don't deserve a man card. While weaving, cover in ground red pepper to help with the sticking. Once mat is woven, place in freezer while grill warms, it will make it easier to handle. Cook.

Once mat of bacon is cooked, put said matt into hot frying pan. Take two eggs, whip them with 1 man-sized spoon of water, one tiny spoon of salt, and then mince the bacon trimmings into strips. Whip this all together.

Pour the egg mixture into the bacon mat. Square up the sides, and let it simmer until the eggs are a light toasty color under the mat, like so:
936576_10200731481201921_118814422_n.jpg

Flip, and then let the other side cook. Leave this side slightly less cooked. Remove the egg-bacon mat from the pan, and square up again, into four squares. Place the four squares back into frying pan, less-cooked side down. Sprinkle cheese on top.
935217_10200731483041967_467768380_n.jpg

Place a burger on the grill, I use a george foreman grill, because having clogged arteries isn't manly in the slightest, it's just stupid. Stack the pieces of bacon-egg weave on top of each other to melt the cheese into infinite gooey-goodness. Apply sauce, preferably spicy, I use leftover taco bell sauce packets for this. Turn heat to low, you just want to melt the cheese.
303083_10200731484081993_69985849_n.jpg

Place halves of bun on frying pan. I use thin healthy buns, because it balances out. lol.
936606_10200731485522029_86294085_n.jpg

Cook burger, apply salt and rosemary. Squeeze juices out occasionally, this is going to be messy anyway, no sense in making it more-so.
942036_10200731487762085_1879914078_n.jpg

Once burger is sufficiently cooked, it's time for assembly. Take the bottom bun, and place the green sauced bacon-egg mat sauce down on the bun. Sprinkle cheese on top. Place burger on top of cheese. Place cheese on top of burger. Apply a healthy helping of ground red pepper.
260128_10200731489202121_1610518957_n.jpg

Place the remaining nugget of bacon-egg mat on the burger, red-sauce up, and then apply the top-bun.

Enjoy on your front porch.
428697_10200731490242147_1298799930_n.jpg

Let's bring it back bitches.

2013 OFFICIAL SANDWICH THREAD.

Just had the most amazing reuben this sunday. I've been thinking about it all week. This isn't it, but an example of what it looked like.

Reuben+Sandwich+w+homemade+dressing.jpg

For your unwavering dedication to sammiches, allow me to present
medalofsandwich.gif

Had a banging southwest steak sandwich last night. The rest will be dinner tonight. Is work over yet?

Let's bring it back bitches.

2013 OFFICIAL SANDWICH THREAD.

Just had the most amazing reuben this sunday. I've been thinking about it all week. This isn't it, but an example of what it looked like.

Reuben+Sandwich+w+homemade+dressing.jpg

Looks like someone who got bent in half jizzed in it.

Back