SAT/PSAT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver

1. what did you guys get on these if you can remember
2. where did you go to college if you went
3. what was your high school cumulative GPA

just curious since its about PSAT time for me

Christmas treed the PSAT since the only reasons that you take it is to get ready for the SAT and scholarship opportunities, which i didnt care about. The SAT got a 1200 i think on.
Go to college at Florida Insitute of Technology
GPA in High School 3.9, 4.5 weighted i think

1)
Total of 1200:
590 Verbal
610 Math
I could have gotten higher since I walked in without any kind of preparation.

2)
Then I enrolled at Univ. of Texas at Dallas. Been there since.

3)
No idea since I didn't attend an American HS.

i got a 1000 on sat. 500 in each.

my highschool gpa was like a 2.8 or 6 or something i dunno.

no i didnt get in to the college i wanted to go to. they never even gave me a rejection letter. stupid sanjose state.

You're all gonna think 'm really dumb after seeing my test scores. I took the SAT's twice within 6 moths of each other, I score a total of 700 on both tests, I got the same exact scores in both Math and English twice. at least I'm consistant. Now go I think it doesn't mean crap cause I passed Calc I,II,III w/ A's

Originally posted by silver+Oct 5 2003, 06:20 PM-->
Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Oct 5 2003, 06:19 PM
silver
@Oct 5 2003, 06:17 PM
4.5/5.0 scale? shit mang

me? 5.0 weighted scale, we had IB at my school, which i didnt do

do you mean like challenge/honors classes? either way, holy shit mang!

Advanced Placement and IB are pre college like classes, which were offered at my school, hard as shit but the pay off in the end is great. basically they are "challenge/honor" classes

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 5 2003, 06:27 PM
You're all gonna think 'm really dumb after seeing my test scores. I took the SAT's twice within 6 moths of each other, I score a total of 700 on both tests, I got the same exact scores in both Math and English twice. at least I'm consistant. Now go I think it doesn't mean crap cause I passed Calc I,II,III w/ A's

i hate standardizes test, i just cant do them, i was lucky on the SAT since i to the prep courses, i dont think they say anything about what you really know or who you are.

did you get 700 total with both math and english?
you know you get 200 points on each for just being there putting your name on it.

1400 on the SAT, and 2.10 weighted GPA. I go to Cal State University Monterey Bay.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Oct 5 2003, 07:27 PM

Holy shit, you are real good with math and equations. I am shocked, it just goes to show you how these tests really don't measure shit. My highest score on the sats was a 1030, and graduated college with a 3.2 gpa, including my last semester that I stopped caring in, and made Deans list once. I also did not really study a lot, and only did homewrok if it was required for credit for the class. I never read before class.

1050 on sat. ummmm if i remember correctly at my hs and here at college the highest score you can get is like a 4.0

I'm taking my PSAT on the 22nd. Its going to be a blast.

Hopefully I break 1000, I usually do well, I have a 3.7 and enrolled in Cal, Ap History, and AP Chem and some UW English course.

i guess i just get lucky with standardized testing, multiple choice tests were always easy for me in high school. as for the weighted grades, at my school we have normal, honors and AP classes. you can get a 5.0 in the honors and AP classes, but only have to take the AP test in the AP classes (obviously). PSAT on the 21st for me.

if i pwn the psat (basically guarantees a decent SAT grade too) my dad'll let me do whatever i want

1. what did you guys get on these if you can remember 1060
2. where did you go to college if you went Armstrong Atlantic State University
3. what was your high school cumulative GPA 3.7

SAT was 1240 (560 verbal, 680 math). i go to west virginia university now, majoring in mechanical engineering. high school gpa was like 3.0. dont remember the weighted gpa, prolly around 4.0 - 4.5 i assume.

i was in IB as dazedcivic was explaining. IB stands for International Baccalureate. might be spelled wrong but oh well. basically its hard work for nothing, harder classes etc. you work your ass off and most colleges dont even know what the fuck it is. theres 2 options with IB, you can either do diploma or certificate. diploma is where you take all you IB classes upper level (all that are available, not all schools offer the same courses), and you have added on requirements which include writing a 4000 word essay your junior year in HS, taking a Theory of Knowledge course, ITGS course (computer class basically), completeing 150 CAS hours (basically service hours) 11th and 12th grade only, and all while still fulfilling your state requirements. to me that wasnt worth it, so i did certificate. in certificate you can pick and choose the classes you want to take at the IB level. i took IB SL Chemistry, IB HL Biology, IB SL Math Studies. only 2 people including myself passed the chem exam, and only 4 including myself passed the biology exam. theres more reasons why IB sucks but i cant think of anymore at the moment :lol:

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 5 2003, 08:13 PM
SAT was 1240 (560 verbal, 680 math). i go to west virginia university now, majoring in mechanical engineering. high school gpa was like 3.0. dont remember the weighted gpa, prolly around 4.0 - 4.5 i assume.

i was in IB as dazedcivic was explaining. IB stands for International Baccalureate. might be spelled wrong but oh well. basically its hard work for nothing, harder classes etc. you work your ass off and most colleges dont even know what the fuck it is. theres 2 options with IB, you can either do diploma or certificate. diploma is where you take all you IB classes upper level (all that are available, not all schools offer the same courses), and you have added on requirements which include writing a 4000 word essay your junior year in HS, taking a Theory of Knowledge course, ITGS course (computer class basically), completeing 150 CAS hours (basically service hours) 11th and 12th grade only, and all while still fulfilling your state requirements. to me that wasnt worth it, so i did certificate. in certificate you can pick and choose the classes you want to take at the IB level. i took IB SL Chemistry, IB HL Biology, IB SL Math Studies. only 2 people including myself passed the chem exam, and only 4 including myself passed the biology exam. theres more reasons why IB sucks but i cant think of anymore at the moment :lol:

With IB they say you go into almost every college as a sophmore, but my GF did IB and all the no good work and her college didnt accept the credit from IB and she basically has to retake all the classes that she took in HS. another friend was in the top 1 percent of the IB class also had the same problem with a university not accepting his IB credit.

Back