SAT/PSAT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i didn't take the psat.

i took the sat without any kind of preparation, and made an 1140.

my gpa was 3.8 in high school.

i'm currently going to community college (Angelina College) in Lufkin, but i'm transferring to North Texas in Dallas next fall. I graduated from high school a year early, so i got scholarships out the ass.

Originally posted by DazedCivic99@Oct 5 2003, 08:38 PM
With IB they say you go into almost every college as a sophmore, but my GF did IB and all the no good work and her college didnt accept the credit from IB and she basically has to retake all the classes that she took in HS. another friend was in the top 1 percent of the IB class also had the same problem with a university not accepting his IB credit.

yea, i know one person that actually went into college as a sophmore, he was validictorian, and he did everything with IB. its all about finding the right college that accepts IB, and chances are, the college you want wont accept the IB credit just because there are very few colleges that do. my math and science courses are a joke in college because i already took equivalent courses in IB.

we take ACT instead of SAT. I got a 24. It was higher in math and science, lower in reading.

My GPA is a 3.75 (soon to drop with my calc class and AP physics)

For college, I will either be going to Michigan State (If I get a scholarship that pays for everything, the Chick Evan's Scholarship) Or Michigan Tech.

1. what did you guys get on these if you can remember 1427
3. what was your high school cumulative GPA 3.7

ah yea...i have to take the ACT too. truthfully though it seemed WAY easier than the PSAT. hell on my PLAN (PSAT:SAT :: PLAN:ACT haha putting analogies to good use) i did really well...so i'll just have to see how the real thing is i guess

edit: page 2 is
s3f80d60fc3510.jpg

Sat: 1120
College: Central Ct. State Univ.
High School GPA: 3.2
College GPA: UHHH? Dunno :)

My gf:
Sat: 1490
College: Westfield State College (Double Major, Criminal Justice/Physcology)
High School GPA: 4.0
College GPA: 3.8(CJ)/4.0(Phys)

Originally posted by DazedCivic99+Oct 5 2003, 07:33 PM-->
@Oct 5 2003, 06:27 PM
You're all gonna think 'm really dumb after seeing my test scores. I took the SAT's twice within 6 moths of each other, I score a total of 700 on both tests, I got the same exact scores in both Math and English twice. at least I'm consistant. Now go I think it doesn't mean crap cause I passed Calc I,II,III w/ A's

i hate standardizes test, i just cant do them, i was lucky on the SAT since i to the prep courses, i dont think they say anything about what you really know or who you are.

did you get 700 total with both math and english?
you know you get 200 points on each for just being there putting your name on it.

yeah I got a 700 total
the breakdown was something like 400 Math, 300 English

I got the same scores with the same exact breakdown twice, makes me wonder if I
was useing like a Lead Pencil that was not the correct lead type or something.

also in High school I graduated as salutatorian.
So it really goes to show that SAT test proves nothing.

I make the Dean's list every semester. and my currect GPA is a 3.8

Originally posted by Green92HatchDX@Oct 5 2003, 09:29 PM
1. what did you guys get on these if you can remember 1427

Wow, I didn't know you could get a score that didn't end in zero... <_<

1. 1480 (800 math, 680 verbal) on SAT (only took it once, could have done better), 213/240 on PSAT (79 math, 67 verbal).. missed National Merit Scholar by one point dammit! If I can make a similar score on my GRE, I'll be very happy.

2. University of Texas at Austin for Mechanical Engineering, graduated with an abysmal GPA because of too much playtime the first few years, but I'm heading back (hopefully January) to pursue my Masters, also in Mechanical Engineering.

3. 4.4/5.0 in high school, bottom of the top 10%. I was in the IB program as well, and I really think it's the most useless thing if you're going to high school in the States, and planning on staying in the States for college. It's called "International" for a reason. You use the IB Diploma as a certificate proving to colleges outside the US that you meet a universal standard. Other than that, you can use IB tests to place out of classes in college, but it's typically harder to get credit with an IB test than with an AP test...

lol holy shit cal i was waiting for you to post on this
every time i take a practice SAT or anything i always miss one point off math and end up getting like a 790 <_<
should've studied more vocab tho huh? :lol:

I go to Univ. Cal. Riverside

I think it was like 3.6 unweighted... not sure tho.

I think my brother's was more impressive:

Harvard...
college gpa 3.8

which makes me officially the dumbass of the family

Don't remember my PSAT

Got a 1300 on the SAT's, combined after the second time (got a slightly higher verbal the second time).

Went to University of Colorado at Boulder for Environmental Design/Architecture, graduated with a pathetic 2.8 GPA since I fucked around and got real tired of going to school.

Got a 93% in high school.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 8 2003, 08:06 AM
4.4/5.0 in high school, bottom of the top 10%. I was in the IB program as well, and I really think it's the most useless thing if you're going to high school in the States, and planning on staying in the States for college. It's called "International" for a reason. You use the IB Diploma as a certificate proving to colleges outside the US that you meet a universal standard. Other than that, you can use IB tests to place out of classes in college, but it's typically harder to get credit with an IB test than with an AP test...

:werd:

i was in top 7% :p , but a lot of fucktards went to my school too :lol: .

and yes IB is teh ghey. its so stupid how you do all that work for nothing (in most cases). i dont think i got any IB credit for college, only the things i took AP classes for. especially since most IB classes tend to be more demanding then AP. once i found out that most colleges didnt even know what IB was, i stoped listening to all the bullshit my IB coordinator was feeding me. i dropped diploma like that, and changed to certificate. I graduated with my certificate in IB SL Math Studies, IB SL Chemistry, and IB HL Biology. we didnt have higher level IB math or chemistry or else i woulda taken it. everything else we had at IB level was HL&SL Spanish, HL&SL French, HL World Literature (english), IB HL Music, IB Art, and HL World History. and fuck if ill take those classes, i hate them, lol.

and all the people in my class saw me as a slacker. but the irony here was that a lot of them had college scholarships riding on the assumtion that they would get their IB diploma. and on 4 of them actually got it :lol: . i laughed my ass off. because you dont find out if you got your diploma or not til the summer after senior year. the thing with IB is that your grades or gpa, all of that doesnt mean dick. its all about how you take your final exams. you can get D's in all your classes, but ace all your exams and get your diploma no questions asked. but on the other hand you can get straight A's but if you do bad on the exams, you wont get shit, only a certificate in the areas you actually passed the exam. and all the extra bullshit was for nothing.

Originally posted by silver+?-->
silver @ ?) said:
lol holy shit cal i was waiting for you to post on this
every time i take a practice SAT or anything i always miss one point off math and end up getting like a 790 <_<
should've studied more vocab tho huh? :lol:

Nah, it's not that great... I really didn't start studying for anything until about the third year of college, so I'm sure I could have made a higher score if I actually practiced some, or took it more than once.

The point I missed on the PSAT math was because I was bored and fell asleep while I was checking the math section... the question I missed was 3 down from where I fell asleep. Suck.

:angry:

Originally posted by jiahanhao@?
which makes me officially the dumbass of the family

Nah man, 3.8 GPA is still damn good. My brother scored a 1340 on the old scale, but he's the one that got into MIT and did Aerospace Engineering there. I guess I'm the dumbass of the family. He's doing network security programming for MIT now, so any bit of Kerberos or X that anyone uses has probably been touched by him.

:)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@?
graduated with a pathetic 2.8 GPA since I fucked around and got real tired of going to school.

Sounds about like me... I was well under that, and that was even with starting college as a Junior with a full year of A credit under my belt. Oh well. Too much partying freshman and sophomore year...

GSRCRXsi
@?
i was in top 7%

Top 10% was a major bitch to stay in at Bellaire- way too competitive. Getting credit with an IB test is major crap. If you have to score a 7/7 on an IB test and 5/5 on an AP to get the same credit, it's a lot easier to get the perfect 5 on the AP than it is to get the perfect 7 on the IB.

I dropped the IB Diploma because of senioritis... didn't want to do anymore work. I didn't know you could get a certificate instead of the Diploma, but I guess it doesn't really matter for me now. It just seemed pointless, especially since I wasn't planning on going outside of the States. I don't know about you guys, but our AP and IB classes were all the same. There wasn't an IB class that you took instead of an AP class... except for one or two, like AP IB BC Calculus.

:)

Back