sat t&t

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
Members & Friends:

Test & Tune

Date 19 Aug 2006

Time 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM

Place Bristol Lot (James P. Casey Road, Bristol, CT)

Price Members -- $30

Non-Members -- $35

# of Runs No-Limit

Advantages of a Test & Tune

1. You can switch cars
1. You can drive your buddy’s car
2. Your buddy can drive your car
2. Passengers
1. You can ride with your buddy
2. Your buddy can ride with you
3. You can compare
1. Car set ups
2. Driving techniques

4. Different course
1. Clockwise, not counter clockwise
2. Different course elements
5. Run at your own pace
1. # of runs — unlimited
2. Get in line when you want to run
3. Rest when you want to rest

6. Non-competitive
1. No recording of times / penalties
2. No classing of cars
3. Emphasis on learning, not winning

Will try to make it, but only to see if Sue wants to do it. The Cossie won't be up by then.

the time: sunday morning.

the road: rt 495 south.

from a 40mph dig i was racing dave in my old black mirage. we were basically neck and neck, the black mirage with the modded motor (getting tired and belching out smoke but STILL a fucking champ!!) and the red mirage with a stock motor. i pulled 90mph in 3rd and shifted to 2nd on accident. BING! went the rev limiter as the tach sailed past 8K.

jumped timing. im off by three teeth. the belt wasn't as tight as it should be. the car still runs and drives, but has no power after 5K. not leaking any oil. compression the same as days after i bought it. im going to reset the timing and maybe hook up my SAFC saturday morning. i also need to replace spark plugs/wires/dizzy cap/rotor and get a new battery. then do tie rod ends.

i would say the car is a POS, but i just havent made it bulletproof like the black one yet. but then again, as soon as its straight it is off to indiana for the silver turbo GT hatchie :)

I actually think I'll skip this event too....I got to much crap to catch up on with my cars....I actually just started taking the IC and piping off the boosted Z so I can find the ignition cut-out problem....:cool:

Back