Satisfaction (H22 in EG hatch)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EF9_boy

ok i'm wondering if the H22 is the way to go. I want a high amount of hp & tq to begin with but im wondering if there is another maybe lighter swap than an H22 and b18c? and also i would like to know from those who have or who have had an H22 in their eg if they were happy with it?

h22 is a good motor.... but what your budget and experience in swap cause the k20 is also a good motor and is lighter but it is a expensive swap....were as if you are budget building the b18c is a good motor to swap in and from there you can build it

I have done an H23 vtec in my EF and its a great swap. It all depends on what you want to do with you car. I dont think i am going to autox the car because of the extra weight, but its not anything a set of quality coilovers can help. Check out explicitspeedperformance.net they make a full swap kit for your car including motor mounts, alt relocation bracket, and traction bar. They are a great company, and quality products. The H-series is a great swap and its fast. I recommend doing it even though others will condem it. For the money i have not found a N/A B-series that could keep up, for the same amount of money. Any swap will be a good upgrade, and its all on your budget and skills to swap. If you want more info on an H swap just email me importlove@hotmail.com

i have a h22a 92 civic hatch CX, my second one, and this one's even better yet, i had issues with the first one due to improper swap installation, but i redeemed myself and started over, but in the long run, i agree with h23vtecef, for the money spent and time it took, there isnt a b-series that can keep up unless it's like a fully built b20-vtec, which even then they still can only hang a little. The k20 swap is good, but i personally feel over rated and done way to much these days, i like to be different and enjoy the power the h22 puts out. in my personal opinion, h22 would be your way to go, for budget purposes and all that....

idont have a eg but my ek swap went great with the h22 and i have went up against alot of b16's that just cant compete with the raw power of a h22 civic , so im all for this swap, good luck on your swap bro..lol

thanks for the help guys....... at the moment i might possibly be workin a deal to get a 00 si ................. thinkin bout tradin him my 90 si hatch & 95 dx hatch ... but if it doesnt happen the 90 is goin bye bye so that i can say hello to an h22 for the eg :D

h22 is good bang for the buck. i mean swapping in any stock b series vtec motor will cost around the same or more and have less power.

that being said id rather have a built b20vtec any day :)

An EG is def better platform for the swap, i love my EF, but its just so damn tight, i had to massage the firewall and break booster a bit to get it in without hitting anything. I think an EG would just sit better with an H under the hood. Goodluck with the swap, and there are many ppl to help and get advice from. Let us know how it goes

me and my buddy just put a h22 in his eg hatch and it its pretty fast but the only problem i can see is the handling decreased alot i mean not to bad but noticable other thanc that its a pretty solid swap id say

Oh the H is pretty tight in the EG also, but if you use a stock intake manifold and all that you have plenty of room, now if you did what i did and use the Skunk2 pro series manifold, then needless to say gotta cut and replace the firewall to clear the throttle body and TPS as well as move all brake lines lower and youll have JUST enough room to clear the brake booster... ALL in ALL though the H22a swap in a EG is by far best bang for you buck if you already have suspension done....

h22 clearance

hey h22aeh2
i have the same setup like u have....but my skunk2 intake manifold is hitting on brake booster?!!! wut motor mounts d u have??
thanks!!!

Oh the H is pretty tight in the EG also, but if you use a stock intake manifold and all that you have plenty of room, now if you did what i did and use the Skunk2 pro series manifold, then needless to say gotta cut and replace the firewall to clear the throttle body and TPS as well as move all brake lines lower and youll have JUST enough room to clear the brake booster... ALL in ALL though the H22a swap in a EG is by far best bang for you buck if you already have suspension done....

Back