1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Satisfying moments in life

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by totalburnout, Nov 10, 2006.

1. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

What are some satisfying moments in life for you?

I just posted in another thread, about this crazy girl that I've been "seeing" (she was a one night stand that stuck around and tried to capture me as a boyfriend) being stubborn and incrediblely difficult to communicate with.

She grew up with a ton of money and I think of the way she views life as "Tony Montana" and "the world is her oyster" and for her takings.

I explained to her if she kept driving so wrecklessly, which she seems to think is a joke and no big deal, that she was going to get herself hurt or in trouble eventually. She told me how she couldn't get pulled over, etc., etc. and if I ever got pulled over that she would hop in the driver's seat because she couldn't get a ticket.

...she just called me, as I was writing another post about being unable to communicate with her, and told me she was pulled over and ticketed. She was tailgating an unmarked cop.

This happens after she gleefully said that she would tailgate people so badly that they would pull over and let her pass. I told her she was an idiot and to knock it off.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i slept for a couple hours this afternoon for the first time since tuesday. that was pretty satisfying. :)

3. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I finished up the ins/outs from the wiring the customer just ran and let hang loose, installed a phone system it's power supply, 66 blocks, grounded it, put on jacks, plates, and jumpered the extensions to all the jacks in under 3 hours today.

That's pretty satisfying... the old systems we used to sell would take us 2 days to install.

4. totalburnout

I'd imagine a job like yours, where you get to see the actual results of all your progress and efforts, is extremely satisfying.

Running, working out, and wrestling are three other extremely satisfying things for myself.

As for music, I wish I learned how to play the guitar again.

5. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Yes, it's always great to see the fruits of all the labor involved show up by way of a smile on the customers face at how damn easy the system is to use. :)

6. totalburnout

Task identity is supposed to be one of the five major factors in job satisfaction. ;)

i.e., a furniture making building an entire chair from scratch and seeing the job from start from finished as opposed to an assembly line worker who only sees one leg of the chair all day and not the completion of the project.

7. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

everytime you post on hondaswap, i feel satisfied :)

8. totalburnout

Thats because I click your banners and then clickity clank, clickity clank, the money goes into your piggy bank.

...and then you drive a M3.

9. TommyTheCat

TommyTheCat Gonzo Scientist

AWWWWW
    [​IMG]
    Cute Overload! ;)

10. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

[​IMG]

"Yes I hit her, and I'd do it again."

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  11. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

Dude. My mom's friend runs that website. She also works at apple and hooks me up on apple deals. :)

My satisfaction is similar to 2000si's. I build, so finally last week I finished my first entire house. Roof passed inspection, and I started this week a new house, but the floor was already rolled. Finally on friday, with about 12 more inches of rain, we're almost rolling the 2nd flooring :). Satisfaction keeps me going for my little pay.

12. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

true satisfaction to me is only reached when i'm visiting my mom's house and my cell phone dies early friday and my phone charger is 250 miles away.

13. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Not sure about you guys but... driving home at night when it hits you..... man I've gots to take a major shit. so I hold it in while trying to drive faster to only get stuck behind some asshat doing the speed limit right on the dot! #@$@#$$$@#$ so I hold it back even longer then I thought I would have to, once the asshat pulls off I take off speeding again reaching my home just in time, I rush inside rip off my pants as I'm running for the shitter then sit my ass down, the very next thing that happens is so satisfying, not only did I make it to the shitter but damn, it's gonna be a good one! unless of course you're B and have another hemroid, then that shit just sucks!

14. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

That is standard procedure in NJ. Luckily since it is, people move before you even get that close.

As far as satisfaction, the other day I got a BJ while watching Madagascar. That was pretty satisfying. But I also find cooking and building shit satisfying. Or how about when your one of 3 guys going after a chick, and you wind up banging her first? That's damn satisfying.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted