Saturated/peaknhold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

erikespo

Can I swap my Peak and Hold for a set of saturated injectors? If yes. what do I need to convert?

I keep on mixing them up.

But you would need a resistor box or (4) 10 watt 10 ohm resistors wired into the yellow/black wire.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 22 2005, 08:14 AM
I keep on mixing them up.

But you would need a resistor box or (4) 10 watt 10 ohm resistors wired into the yellow/black wire.
[post=489990]Quoted post[/post]​

that is for peak and hold injectors. You dont need the resistor box for saturated injectors.

oh ok, i read it wrong. Why do you want to go to saturated?

You'd have to remove the box then.

that is the think I have no box.. haha it is just he 2 peak and hold inject in the peice of crap. So if I don't need a resistor box I should be able to just runn the wires from the ecu to the new injects and power them.. and wire up the cylinder senor wire

yeah, dpfi will give you problems. do a complete mpfi conversion.

Right I understand that DPFI sucks. but what I am saying is if all you have to do is add a resistor box to the car now for peak n hold injectors.. then for saturated injectors I should just be able to add wires.. right? I have the whole intake manifold off a z6..

there's an article in the Articles category about DPFi->MPFI conversion. its not just a simple remove this/add that

do that, but just get some PnH injectors. Why are you so dead set on saturated?

Even if you were planning on converting to obd1, you still can use the PnH's. I use PnH's on my LST in my 93 hatch.

I am set on the saturated because I have them right now.. If i want to get pnh i will have to wait untill i get a chance to go the yard and pick some up... and that will also cost.. why go pnh when i can go saturated for free.

so.. no one has said if the saturated will work on the dpfi-mpfi conversion if i leave the resistor box out

thats cause people don't usually do it.

I think it may work... Try it and find out. I dont know if the ecu will feed them correctly though.

I may have a set of PnH injecotrs you can have. I just gave a set away with the harness I sold but I had some obd0's on my LS when I got it so there's a set floating around my garage somewhere. Offer (if I got em) plus 2.77 shipping.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 22 2005, 12:26 PM

I think it may work... Try it and find out. I dont know if the ecu will feed them correctly though.

That is my concern as well. I wont think a obd0 ecu can control obd1+ injectors.

Back