Saturday's car shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Prowler@Feb 17 2005, 03:17 PM
Why the hell has no one said S2000? I'd honestly rather have a bit slower 2 door rwd convertible than a 'family sedan' with 300hp.
[post=462220]Quoted post[/post]​

:nobreed:

Sti > Evo > 350Z > S2K.

This IS a little biased tho, as I have driven all of them except the Evo.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 17 2005, 04:36 PM

time to call my INS company and get this shit together :)
[post=462231]Quoted post[/post]​

Call My agent he got me ahell of a deal for 3 vehicles ar $1000 for 6 months
100/300 limits way more than you need

Bill Michalowski
Michalowski Agency LLC (203) 265-6763
http://www.michalowskiagency.com/

i'm currently using gieco... and i have my 6 month pre-paid term on the hatch good until may 1 i think... so it woul dbe kinda dumb to just get rid of it now while its still in term and pre-paid. so the first 2 months will obviosuly be more money to insure- but at the same time, won't be huge- just a nice bump up (going from just liability 100/300 to a full coverage 100/300 is obviosuly going to cost me a lot more )

Good luck w/ the car shopping man. My good friend bought a WRX and put in a bigger turbo. The thing pulls like your being walked by a great dane. IMO the car itself is a little played out but thats just me.

I know if money wasn't an issue for me I'd wait for the Audii A3 or the BMW M2, but I don't drive to work so I couldn't possibly spend that much money on a weekend/train car right now.

Good luck & don't get scammed out no car dealers.

I envy you B...I hope my next car is an STi as well.

In my opinion, its the perfect car to own. AWD, 300hp/300trq, 4dr, trunk, kick ass suspension setup, good looking, what else could you want in a car? It has practicality and performance all rolled up in one!

Evo/Sti>all your other choices.

insurance is usually a tad higher on the Sti than the evo, and obviously you can find an evo for 25000k one year old all day online. Fuck - the dealer invoice on that puppy is 27ish...maybe less brand new.

good luck B.......maybe one day your evo will match mine B)

B get the Audi S4 in Nigaro Blue I think thats how you spell it. I was on my way to work yesterday and this white S4 with a FMIC upgrade flew by me it was ssssssoooooooo sick. Oh and Good Luck B.

Out of all of those go with the WRX or 350z. The saab is in no way worth 34,310. There are many other luxury cars that perform better and come with more options for less money. The 1.8t is slow in heavy car like the a4, ive drivin one and my old teg was faster.

Really?

300 hp > 218 hp
300 ftlbs @ 4000 > 236 @ 4800
4-pot front Brembos > 2-pot fronts
6-speed tranny w/ DCCD > 6-speed tranny

Questionable math ya got going on there. :)

test dirve the sti and it will be over... as soon as i can afford one...

i love that car sooo much!

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 17 2005, 06:31 PM
Really?

300 hp > 218 hp
300 ftlbs @ 4000 > 236 @ 4800
4-pot front Brembos > 2-pot fronts
6-speed tranny w/ DCCD > 6-speed tranny

Questionable math ya got going on there. :)
[post=462317]Quoted post[/post]​

i didnt say volvo is faster then the sti :p

seriously though... being that the nearest volvo dealer is like 2 hours away, if i cant get one for some reason then a sti/330xi is next on the list

supposedly the 2006 STi will have 320hp and a facelift. at least those are the current rumors. I can't wait to get my STi this summer...then hello Vishnu tuning :lol:

i'm currently using gieco
First off Gieco is a piece of shit.

Anyways even if you repay they will still refund you what you don't use. At least every other insruance company does that .... but since Gieco is such a piece of shit company they might not.

also are you sure on the 80-100 a month insurance? sounds cheap even with hook ups.

Originally posted by swanny@Feb 17 2005, 10:11 PM
Buy a house. Not a car.
[post=462377]Quoted post[/post]​

Ya really, you already have 2 cars that are paid for, why waste 30k on a car that will lose 1/3rd of its value in the first year?

neither of my cars currently run.

if i cant GET to work.
i can't buy a house, now can i?

I NEED a new car. don't tell me WTF to do. thank you. :)

Gieco was the cheapest quote i got. I paid 477 for 6 months for the hatch. with 100/300. no comp.

the s40 is 37k speced out with nice paint, seats, and wheels.
evolve'ed out (which for right now, only sells body kit, wheels, exhaust and lowering springs springs) i'm looking at 45k and a new paint job on a brand new car.
and its still way slower.

I love the way they look too- but its just too much money for too little car.

hell, the blue s60R on their website is for sale for $78K F that.

2006 sti is supposed to.... i don't care. i need a car THIS WEEKEND.
I think i stressed that deeply in my first post.

as for the blue s4... i said also in my first post--- i've thought about it for a long time.... and its not what i'm after. Frankly, a chevy cavalier is more reliable than it.
and thats what im looking for- a RELIABLE, NEW, WARRANTIED car that doesn't suck, is practical, and still fun to drive and whip around at the weekend autoX with.

The hatch is for sale for 3800 as is.
the del sol, when its finished, will be for sale for 5000-ish with the fresh b16 swap.
I've got 2k left of parts fromt he sol with a depositi on it.
ive got wil's old head and skunk2 cams i will end up selling along with chris' skunk2 I.mani
so thats another G.

all said and done, the first year done, i'll have a good chunck of the car paid off.

2006 sti is supposed to.... i don't care. i need a car THIS WEEKEND.
I think i stressed that deeply in my first post.

yeah, i read that... i'm not by any means saying wait until the '06 drops, just sayin what i've read.

Back