Saturday's car shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive talked to alot of people online that have gotten awd t5 s40's for right around 30 grand, the volvo website says 33k for the way i want it.
that blue evolve s60r is so badass. the reason its so much is because 60% of the work on that car is one off prototype shit that will never be in production. basically if you bought that you would be the only person to ever have one just like it. 80k is a shitload of money though.
i had to think hard between the sti and the s40. still not sure honestly, but i just think the volvo would be WAY more unique, and with the evolve shit on it its just down right sexy.
decided what color your gonna get the sti in?
i dont think there is any reason for a car to be painted anything other then black lol. there are instances, like that blue s60r, where odd colors are just badass though.

Why not take the 30 grand in cash that you have laying around, and put it into a down payment for a house, so you can have your own garage, and not have to live with mom and dad anymore?

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Feb 18 2005, 09:06 AM
Why not take the 30 grand in cash that you have laying around, and put it into a down payment for a house, so you can have your own garage, and not have to live with mom and dad anymore?
[post=462539]Quoted post[/post]​

because without a car, i can't get to work.
without work, i can't buy a house

CAN YOU GUYS NOT READ??????????????????

MY CAR IS DEAD. I NEED A CAR, NOT A FUCKING HOUSE

Reading Comprehension > Most of you

then why not take 10k, and buy yourself a used WRX, or an older audi, or something like that, then take the other 20k and buy a house... you'd end up alot better off in the long run...

And if you need a "daily driver" just don't mod it... Leave it alone and it will run fine.. (I can't believe i just said that)

Hate to say it B...but...find the nearest $500 beater that you can find....use that to get you to work till the other cars aare running....then sell them off and get a decent long lasting car...something that can be paid off with what you sell. you can always get a new car after you get a house...and build up equity.....

start looking for a decent house..possibly a 2 family...that way when you do move in...you can rent the other half out, and that will pay your mortage....

The insurance that you will be wasting on a new car...and the high payment you'll be forking over will more than pay for a decent mortgage.....and the down payment.

I've learned..and the way things are working out...I'm actually happy with what I got...

bite the bullet...stop trying to be cool with a hot car...aand get a house...you nearing the mid 20's...you have a stable job, and other job offers on the horizen...plus your a smart kid..and you have a ton of possibilities.....

If need be...get a ride over to my place..help me get the Z running and the alt swapped on the civic..and you can use the Jeep for a while...or I can come over there and shoot some of your wiring problems...and you can have the civic running again...

you can alway have a hot car after you settle down with the house payments and set your budget right...

infact...I'll be shopping for a newwer car soon....I'm starting to dig the Suberu Outback.....

when i buy a house, im broke for 30 years. its now or never.

How about you stop telling B what to do, and suggest WHICH car he should buy.

Asshats.

you know you want one of these sexy bish's :)
i got mine for $500 over invoice, which was $1500 under msrp brand new with a 2.9% at 5 years with 3k down. there must be a good dealer near you, although i think i got mine from the best mitsu dealer in the country, they are even opening a speed shop where the mods they install wont void the factory warranty :eek:
just look at this sexy beast!! :)
gallery_106_2_1101111348.jpg

but, sti's are cool too. :)

Originally posted by B16@Feb 18 2005, 01:53 PM
you know you want one of these sexy bish's :)
i got mine for $500 over invoice, which was $1500 under msrp brand new with a 2.9% at 5 years with 3k down. there must be a good dealer near you, although i think i got mine from the best mitsu dealer in the country, they are even opening a speed shop where the mods they install wont void the factory warranty :eek:
just look at this sexy beast!! :)
gallery_106_2_1101111348.jpg

but, sti's are cool too. :)
[post=462684]Quoted post[/post]​

What is it?

O thats an EVO...

This girl i know's fiance just blew the turbo in his evo with an after market computer system now the Dealer won;t cover the turbo..he so pissed i think he was running 16psi

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Feb 18 2005, 11:00 AM
O thats an EVO...

This girl i know's fiance just blew the turbo in his evo with an after market computer system now the Dealer won;t cover the turbo..he so pissed i think he was running 16psi
[post=462689]Quoted post[/post]​

only 16psi? the 05's run 20psi stock. wonder what computer he was running. he should have swapped it all back to stock before he went to get warantee coverage :p

B, get a White or Black STi. get rid of the horrible hood and go Front Mount. Bigger turbo like you said. call it a day.

i wouldn't mind an evo-- but the evo8 is going for 42 and the evo8 MR is going for about 48. the dealers have killed the markup on 'em. sooo not worth it.

10 grand more for basically the same car... not worth it in my opinion.

color-- the one i'm looking at is the traditional rally blue. its what they have on the lot. im cool with it. blue cars are fine by me- hell, my del sol is blue :)

hood and front mount-- yeah, maybe in 2010. this baby is staying stock. only things i may end up chanign are the wheels/tires and the suspension. and thats FAR off. wheels/tires i will probably do for autox season.

but damn, 225/50/17 is an odd size....

maybe i'll get some 17x9 wheels (over the 17x8 stock size) and some 235/45/17's or something.... well see. for now, its buy the freakin thing. :)

B... I really agree with Clayton on this one, and once you buy a house you aren't always broke... Every month you feel great that your money is actually going to somethign that matures, not depreciates...

But if you want one, I can get you an EVO for sticker... No Markup. Maybe even a little deal.

STI in white with gold wheels or blue with gold wheels. clear out the headlights, lower about 1.5 inches and your set. why change out the kick ass bbs wheels?? i mean you can always buy a not as tall tire...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 18 2005, 11:47 AM
i wouldn't mind an evo-- but the evo8 is going for 42 and the evo8 MR is going for about 48. the dealers have killed the markup on 'em. sooo not worth it.

10 grand more for basically the same car... not worth it in my opinion.

color-- the one i'm looking at is the traditional rally blue. its what they have on the lot. im cool with it. blue cars are fine by me- hell, my del sol is blue :)

hood and front mount-- yeah, maybe in 2010. this baby is staying stock. only things i may end up chanign are the wheels/tires and the suspension. and thats FAR off. wheels/tires i will probably do for autox season.

but damn, 225/50/17 is an odd size....

maybe i'll get some 17x9 wheels (over the 17x8 stock size) and some 235/45/17's or something.... well see. for now, its buy the freakin thing. :)
[post=462709]Quoted post[/post]​

ya, that is just nuts. and i remember when i said i wouldn't mod my evo, that was like 2 months ago lol. now i have flash, mbc and turbo back exhaust. next is suspension. :p

Back