Saturday's car shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im with b on this, hell im in the same situation.

i dont wanna drive a beater piece of shit for 20-30 years while im paying a house off.
id rather waste money on rent or in his case live with my parents while i pay off a pimp ass car for 3-6 years then buy a house.
im not gonna wait until im 50 to have the car i want.

word. i can have this car paid off in about 3 years i bet. and even though i'll be paying 500 a month for the thing, that still leaves me 1700 a month of my take-home to save/buy or do whatever i want with.

hell, i was spending MORE than 500 a month on random car parts for the past 3 years buildin gup the sol, buying the hatch, and misc shit along the way.

And the way i look at it now, i've got ALL my big purchases out of the way....
i got the tv, the sound setup, the computer, the laptop, the mp3 player, the mini dv, the digi cam, and tomorrow, hopefully the car. :)

all that's left after that is the house. i won't be dumping money on the other stuff. ya know?

trans am-- right.....................

if i wanted a boat, i'd be on boattrader.com. fuck american cars. i don't like a single one of them. i thought i liked the c6, until i read more about it. i'd rather drive a hundai then a comparable chevy.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 18 2005, 04:44 PM

i thought i liked the c6, until i read more about it. i'd rather drive a hundai then a comparable chevy.
[post=462776]Quoted post[/post]​

You hater, drive one, trust me you'll change your mind

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 18 2005, 04:54 PM
im sorry man, but leaf springs belong on a camper- not on a performance vehicle.
[post=462783]Quoted post[/post]​

well seems to work well as the c5-r kills lambos, ferraris and porshes in pro racing

for the record, i'm 24. so owning a house at 22 has already passed :)

as for the c5-r.... too bad its not a production vehicle. i'm SURE the suspension doesn't even remotely resemble the oem parts.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 18 2005, 02:44 PM
as for the c5-r.... too bad its not a production vehicle. i'm SURE the suspension doesn't even remotely resemble the oem parts.
[post=462825]Quoted post[/post]​

from what i remember, the c5-r, c6-r and i think even the c6 z06 have struts all around.

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 18 2005, 05:20 PM
No offense to anyone here and this isn't directed at any one person but, why waste money on a "pimp" car when you still live with your parents? If you can afford a $30k car, buy a freaking house and you'll be able to buy the nice car in about five years. Owning a house at 22 is a lot more impressive, not to mention practical, than owning a high priced luxury car and a lot of toys. Hindsight's a bitch, guys.
[post=462810]Quoted post[/post]​

its not about impressing anyone. i want to have the car i want when i can enjoy it. people on here dump thousands into there civics. like b when he had like 20k invested in his sol.
do you say he shoulda bought a house when he was 20 and then 30 years later when its paid off then put a boosted swap into a del sol? hell no.
my dad is almost 50 years old and still doesnt have the car he has wanted for the last 30 years.
B needs an actual car that runs and is reliable so he can get to work. why not buy a new car that he wants and have a warranty?
i need a car with a backseat because of kids. why not buy a new car i want and have a warranty? i have 3 older cars atm, 2 hondas 1 nissan and they have been nothing but a waste of money. ive spent more on repairs and new crap to put on them then i have on the actual cars. thats ghetto. im tired of driving 10 yr old pieces of shit.
i can wait a couple years to buy a house.
im also putting 230 bucks a month into stocks so by the time my new car is paid off i will have a FAT downpayment on land/house.

Also, if you have a house, your interest rates on car loans drop through the floor... because your credit goes through the roof.... :)

But B... I IM'd you... I can get you killer deals on EVO's or STi's... :)

Originally posted by Blanco@Feb 18 2005, 05:20 PM
No offense to anyone here and this isn't directed at any one person but, why waste money on a "pimp" car when you still live with your parents? If you can afford a $30k car, buy a freaking house and you'll be able to buy the nice car in about five years. Owning a house at 22 is a lot more impressive, not to mention practical, than owning a high priced luxury car and a lot of toys. Hindsight's a bitch, guys.
[post=462810]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm with Blanco on this one. Owning a pimp car while living with your parents is not a situation that would impress any cool female. Buy the right house and build up your equity in it quickly (no more silly shopping sprees) and then buy a nice car with a home equity line of credit. The interest rates on those sorts of loans are the lowest. That's what Matt's friend in Florida did when he wanted to buy a used NSX. Buying a house or getting married (to a functioning female) never cramps anyone's lifestyle, it's the part about having kids that does.

Otherwise, if I was shopping for a "nicer" car I would be thinking about an M-coupe or a older M3.

if you think im buying a new car to impress girls or whatever, you're thoughly mistaken. Mica hit the nail on the head. the rest of you clipped the corner, bent it, and the next step is to use the claw and try to yank it out :)

noah, i appreciate the offer- but driving an hour to the dealer anytime i need service is just not worth the 2k more i may end up paying that you could get for me. plus, this one is in stock, on the lot, and ready to take delivery.

As for my credit- its already through the roof. i have a rating of roughly 875. i will have no problem getting a loan.

man you all suck, the boys gonna buy what the boy wants to buy. whether or not anyone thinks he should be buying a house or not. have fun you only live once.

Good Luck, have fun, and enjoy it for the rest of us who are too damn poor to afford that shit :thumbsup:

college sucks, i could get a job within a week starting at 15-20 bucks an hour and making 40 within 4 years without college, and i would be really happy with the job. But nooooo, fuckin family says i have to go to college, fuck.

Originally posted by B16@Feb 18 2005, 04:16 PM
ya, that is just nuts. and i remember when i said i wouldn't mod my evo, that was like 2 months ago lol. now i have flash, mbc and turbo back exhaust. next is suspension. :p
[post=462753]Quoted post[/post]​

thats cause you make enough coin to have your car paid off in 6 months :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 18 2005, 10:29 PM
if you think im buying a new car to impress girls or whatever, you're thoughly mistaken. Mica hit the nail on the head. the rest of you clipped the corner, bent it, and the next step is to use the claw and try to yank it out :)

noah, i appreciate the offer- but driving an hour to the dealer anytime i need service is just not worth the 2k more i may end up paying that you could get for me. plus, this one is in stock, on the lot, and ready to take delivery.

As for my credit- its already through the roof. i have a rating of roughly 875. i will have no problem getting a loan.
[post=462944]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, that credit rating is sooo freakin awesome. Man, why can't I get people like you to buy from me, most people that try to finance with me have like 4xx or 5xx credit score, bastards <_< and yesterday, some dude came in wanting to finance a new car... and had no fucking job! How the hell are you going to make car payments with no job?! Morons... they need to think a little first.

Well...if you must get a new car...then I vote for the 350Z ;)

a guy in my town got an 04 (or 03 i forget) evo brand new for 26k cash out the door
bargainnews.com:
2003 MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION
$33,995, GRAY, 30,330 mi, 4 cyl, 4 dr, ABS, air, CD, pb, tilt, VIN:JA3AH86F03U115734, Stock No:MU0212, StarCarsNY.net welcomes you to come, see, test drive and get your best deal on a car in New ork. All you have to do is call 1-888-201-6471. Ask for Angelo or Pete.
2003 MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION AWD
$23,995, Silver, 17,476 mi, 4 cyl, 4 dr, ABS, air bags, air, alarm, all power, alloy wheels, am/fm cass, CD, cruise, fully loaded, pb, pdl, p moonroof, ps, pw, sunroof, tilt, Recaro Seats, Brembo Brakes, Momo Steering Wheel, Carbon Fibre Rear Spoiler, Enkei Wheels, Fully Equipped, Low Mileage, Must See, VIN:JA3AH86FX3U118916, Stock No:U118916, At Mark Motors our philosophy is luxury for less. All of our vehicles are carfax certified. Call us today at (203) 865-3009. Visit our website at www.MarkMotorsonline.com

Last edited by a moderator:
funny- i bought me del sol form mark back in 99 :)

anyhoo--

i officially own an 05 STi.

insurance wasn't up much at all-- went from 560 to 7xx every 6 months. 100/300, full coverage + glass.

took it home for 32,400
with lojack
7 year warranty bumper to bumper
and a maintence plan, which also gets me 10% off any other serivce for lifetime of the car.

63 payments of, 560/month roughly
no penalty for early pay off.
3k down.

got there at 9, drove it off the lot at 1.

I would recommend EVERYONE to deal with Matt @ Mitchell Suby. By far, the best sales experience i've ever had.

more info later-- i'm at AJs at the moment... showing it off. hehe.

Back