saturns attempt at a sports car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this is designed by lotus. they gave up the project and saturn bought the rights to it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by phyregod@Jul 27 2005, 02:38 PM
Opel Speedster Concept, Anyone?

concept.jpg

I KNEW i'd seen that car before.  LOL!
<div align="right">[post=532001]Quoted post[/post]</div>

now THAT looks the same

i can't believe i'm the only one that knows this or cares to comment... GM OWNS Opel.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by nismogod@Aug 5 2005, 03:45 PM
i'd much rather havea RWD 400hp turbo car, then a FWD 400hp car.  even if the RWD is 500lbs heavier then the FWD. i'd rock one.
<div align="right">[post=536313]Quoted post[/post]</div>

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

That's why I bought what I bought. I'm actually a little surprised that GM didn't squeeze more out of that 2.4L block. I hope it runs on regular gas. Hell, it barely makes any more torque than the S2k! Given the specs on the Kappa platform cars and the price they're going to be introduced at, I think it will sell very well. If I had to buy one, I'd probably be happy with it. Let's just hope that the interior build quality makes a big jump like the C6 did.

but what rpm does the S2k make almost that much torque? the 2.4 ecotec makes about 155 ft.lbs. torque at 2400 rpm.

also, i'd be willing to bet that you could bolt-on a cobalt ss/saturn red-line supercharger to the 2.4. now, whether or not the pistons would melt, i dunno..... but i bet it would be an easy upgrade at least for a while.

now, if i had $20,000 to buy a car, would i buy it? prolly not.
would i think about it? DEFINATELY.
but, i'd have to get something with a backseat, unless it was a second car.

Quoted post[/post]]

i can't believe i'm the only one that knows this or cares to comment... GM OWNS Opel.

you arent :mrgreen:

'd be willing to bet that you could bolt-on a cobalt ss/saturn red-line supercharger to the 2.4. now, whether or not the pistons would melt, i dunno..... but i bet it would be an easy upgrade at least for a while.

now, if i had $20,000 to buy a car, would i buy it? prolly not.
would i think about it? DEFINATELY.
but, i'd have to get something with a backseat, unless it was a second car.
and thats a good idea, if i didnt vow to not own a new american car, id consider that (with the s/c i mean). Supercharged, 2 seater, rwd, miata killer, sign me up..... although they do make one, its called an s2000

look heavier than it is, wonder if it's made of plastic?
other than that i was going to say everything that's been said already.
I like it, if i was in the market for that type of car (miata, s2k, Mr-s) i would look at it.

Back