Save games from xbox to 360

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disableddan

Crazy Insane
Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone knows a way to transfer a save game from xbox to 360? I just got live but all my sweet cars in Forza are on my old box along with all the progress I've made... I read on the official xbox site that it isn't possible to transfer save games to 360.
Thanks!

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone knows a way to transfer a save game from xbox to 360? I just got live but all my sweet cars in Forza are on my old box along with all the progress I've made... I read on the official xbox site that it isn't possible to transfer save games to 360.
Thanks!

I would imagine if you could hook the Xbox up to a computer, then hook your 360 up, you could transfer the files. I have never done it, and if they say...

I read on the official xbox site that it isn't possible to transfer save games to 360.

Than I wouldn't be optomistic, but then again, maybe that is old info.

im-possible.
it sucks..

even if you were to wire a memory card from an old xbox to work on a 360, it still wouldnt work.

you want to copy your original save games from the xbox to your 360?
Ya, I have all these sweet cars in Forza on my old Xbox and I just got Xbox live.

92b16- Thats about the most promising thing I've heard, I have a friend who is into modding xbox, 360 and even wii, I'll see if he knows something!

I was hoping at least the memory cards would work but damn... total screw-over on this one!

Ya, I have all these sweet cars in Forza on my old Xbox and I just got Xbox live.

92b16- Thats about the most promising thing I've heard, I have a friend who is into modding xbox, 360 and even wii, I'll see if he knows something!

I was hoping at least the memory cards would work but damn... total screw-over on this one!

After reading the Anandtech review, I tihnk you may be SOL.

The original Xbox used a hybrid mobile Pentium III/Celeron processor, but for the 360 Microsoft went to IBM and got the rights to a PowerPC core. The move to the PowerPC instruction set meant that there would be no direct binary compatibility with older Xbox titles, but the sacrifice was obviously deemed necessary by Microsoft.

I don't know how this translates, since you can still play original Xbox games, but it may have something to do with the files as far as saving.

Forget about it, backwards compatibility is to sell systems. Except for *rare cases, who the fuck plays old games on a new system?

*I'm playing FF7 on my PS3. lol

Busting out old school snes/genesis games is different than having a 360 and playing the original Forza on it...

Emulating an old school game is NOT the same as backwards compatibility. I'm really not sure how to put into words what I'm trying to say. To me, there is a huge difference between playing an old snes/nes/genesis etc... game on a PS3 or 360, and playing Forza on the 260 when you have Forza 2 readily available.

i know emulation and backwards compatibility are different.
some things just arent as good as the originals, some people dont have the money to buy the newer game..

Forget about it, backwards compatibility is to sell systems. Except for *rare cases, who the fuck plays old games on a new system?

*I'm playing FF7 on my PS3. lol

You can still play old Xbox games on the 360, you just can't import saved files from Xbox to 360.

You can still play old Xbox games on the 360, you just can't import saved files from Xbox to 360.
I got that, I guess my point is that why the fuck would you play the original Forza on a 360, when Forza 2 is leaps and bounds better, and can be picked up for just a few bucks. There are certain games that are just classics, where there is no new updated counterpart/sequel. For those games, sure, play it. But, remembering lots of games that I REALLY liked, and playing them again, most are just meh, and not worth replaying.

Well actually, I have played with a few people on live already who don't like Forza 2 as much as the original. I haven't played 2 enough to really know if it's better/worse, but I am a huge fan of Forza and this is the first time I've played against other people (and then realised how much I suck at it).
It's weird that the games can be backward compatible but the saves can't... I gave up on keeping up with computer stuff so it doesn't really mean anything to me :p That's why I build houses I guess.....

Back