Saw something cool on the way Home tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CarAudiophile

I was heading back on the interstate home tonight and passed a Truck and Trailor.. Noticed it was sponsored by Castrol Syntec and noticed it was Jojo Callos's Rig.. The pulled off at the truck stop off by my house and so did I.. I ad to get gas but I was sitting there and decided to walk up to them and introduce myself and talked to the guys a little. They were all very cool guys and were pretty busy so i didn't bug them to ask to look at the car and I just let them work..

Pretty cool to see them stop on my Huge town of 2300 and for them to take the time out and say hi to a Fellow Honda lover.. They were headed to Denver for a Race I guess but it was nice to meet them and boy do they have a nice rig.

Here is a pic of the Rig..
jojo1.jpg

That's cool. Adam Saruwatari lives in the same little town as I do, and his rig is parked right across the street from the local high school here in Arroyo Grande. I've always wanted to just go to him and ask if he'll let me go with him to his races out here just to get into the scene, I'll snap a pic of the rig if I remember. Oh yeah, my girlfriend is good friends with one of his cousins!!! I just might use that to get in :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I live in a small town also, and one day i was driving around and i live next to a trucker station and i saw the subaru rally team pull off the highway. So i went and talked to the guys for like half and hour. they were all really nice and they had to wrx's on a trailer with no covering, and i got to check em out. It was pretty cool.

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Jun 9 2004, 09:34 AM
I dont have Indiglo Guages.. I wouldn't waste my money on something like that..

that 40 dollars break the bank huh? same here.

THATS FUCKIN AWESOME AND WIERD MAN! I just had the EXACT same experiance yesterday. I saw the rig at a gas station, I think it was a Phillips 66, on my way home from work and I stopped to talk to them. Nice guys, but I'm sure that they thought I was retarted or something, because I was all excited and talking about Hondas and shit while I am driving a HUGE serial killer looking GMC Safari Van. LOL. Oh well.

Ya they are here in Denver for the Mopar Mountain Madness NHRA Sport Compact Nationals. I was gonna go, but I dont have the money right now. :(

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Jun 10 2004, 11:57 PM
I was gonna go, but I dont have the money right now. :(

If it was in my Town I would find a way to go.. I am even thinking of Driving to Denver to see the show..

Adam Saruwatari seems like a cool guy. I've talked to Craig Paisley and Vinnie Ten online before, and Craig is from my area. Those guys come off as schmucks. It's tough to remember that even if they have been doing this for 6 years, they are still noobs. Other drivers of Fame (particularly in Drags) have been doing it for 15+ years.

Nice truck though, I wish I had a garage on wheels.

-> Steve

Back