say good bye... and hello, all at the same time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
:wave:

DSCF1203.JPG

DSCF1154.JPG

welp, it's been nice... but project pissedoffsol is over. tried so hard, got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even run. lol

Truth be told- I got my lovely emissions notice in the mail. I need to go to the sniffer before dec 22nd, or turn in my plates/registration.

Not a chance in getting it right before then.... and even smaller chance of passing the sniffer

so,

here's the new plan.

b16 sir2 is geting ordered on friday.
sir2 is going in the sol
sol once again becomes my daily driver and goes back to stock, minus the sir2. I think i will be happy with that for a DD.
or, use the hatch- whatever for winter time.
but the 2.0 will be on the engine stand, and i'll have two running cars, and a fast garage again :) (boxes of turbo pats.. hehe)
the hatchback is beat to shit, easier to cage up, is already gutted, and in general, i don't give a fuck about the body. which means, i'll be more prone to drive it harder, and fear crashing it less.

so, come spring time i guess or when it's done being cold, the jdm gsr is coming out, my rebuilt-over-winter 2.0 GSR is going in along with the full-race turbo setup.
i'm selling the hondata, and going with aem.
im selling the avcr and using aem's built in boost controlelr with the GM boost solenoid.
I'm selling my plx wideband and going with the aem uego wideband.
the jdm gsr is then going up for sale as well, and in the long run will more than cover the cost of the sir2 that i have to front now.
that extra is going into a 8-point cage of some sort for the hatch, and anything left over for suspension parts and so forth...

so, say good bye to pissedoffsol
say hello to pissedoffhatch

see ya in the spring.

sounds like you have got everything planned out. go for it
will anyone have a garage to compeat with yours?

A very well thought out plan. Makes a lot of sense, and really is probably the most practical thing to do.

Good luck with the swapping.

Wow. At least you've got a solid plan. That accounts for alot sometimes.

Come to the turbo AWD darkside.

Right on Brian. The EMS is really the way to go anyway...

Sux for now, but your garage will be smokin. :thumbsup:

Wow. In the time that B spent on the sol, I built a car, burned a car, buried a car, wrecked a car, bought another car, sold the car, bought ANOTHER car, swapped the car, sold the swap, and started another build.

B, the sol is cursed more than the fo-do. Sell it, and get a :typer:

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 8 2004, 07:02 PM
Wow. In the time that B spent on the sol, I built a car, burned a car, buried a car, wrecked a car, bought another car, sold the car, bought ANOTHER car, swapped the car, sold the swap, and started another build.
[post=413908]Quoted post[/post]​

Now THAT's funny. I don't care who you are. :lol:

Say it aint so B... say it aint so :no: Oh well man it was dying to be put down. It was like beating a dead horse. just playing good luck. :thumbsup:

:cry: so sad to see a badass project get canned. maybe its for the best. i wanna know, why cant you just make the 2.0L GSR turbo motor into a NA one? :huh:

i'll sell you my pissedoffhatch AOL screen name :p

:worthy: EGs

edit: the problem is engine oil pressure . . . last i knew the compression was fine

You have a hatch?

In 2 years, this might be the best idea I have heard...B16A Del Sol, since it's a 94, would qualify as "stock" in road racing, since the 94 had DOHC VTEC, right?

Register it here in VT... you can use my address. Call me if you're interested. Shit, I even have a VT State Inspection license... Truth be told, if your ball joints are good, and all your lights, horn, and wipers work, it'll pass VT State Inspection since it's not OBDII. No sniffer shit, either.

As far as I knew the emissions system in CT was still fubar.

The letter is most likeley a formality. Also in CT you can drop the registration and re-register a vehicle as long as it's not sold, and there's no need for an inspection or anything.

But in the long run the pissedofhatch will be more economical and you'll have at least some room to fit a 6 pack of beer in the car with you.

Back