Say goodbye to the PS3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Welp mid April will be the end of the ps3. Sony keeps losing exclusves to all of there games. Xbox is about to work on a Final Fantasy agreement. The only staple they have left is Gran Turismo. Even Devil May Cry is an Xbox game now. But here is the money shot...

0321_elite360_obs--screenshot_large.jpg

Xbox.com | Xbox 360 - Introducing Xbox 360 Elite

For 479.00 you get HDMI and 120 GB Harddrive... Still for less than a 60gb PS3. The only thing a ps3 has is blueray (xbox has an external hddvd drive) and wireless. RIP PS3...

regular 360 comes with componet video/audio so its not like hdmi is a HUGE improvement if anything. the expanded hd capacity is cool, but i think 120 is only for the hardcore gamers.

If the 360 gets ff, metal gear, and gt then the ps3 will be obsolete. Any links to the ff agreement?

I prefer not feeling like my asshole is on fire because I gave away all that money for Microsoft/Sony to install their foot in my rectum.

PS2 Greatest Hits FTW.

regular 360 comes with componet video/audio so its not like hdmi is a HUGE improvement if anything. the expanded hd capacity is cool, but i think 120 is only for the hardcore gamers.

If the 360 gets ff, metal gear, and gt then the ps3 will be obsolete. Any links to the ff agreement?
they were talking about it on g4. they are trying to work out a deal.

I played it in a store a couple times, I dont remember the name of the game though. It wasnt anything better then the 360 and it costs a bit more. Thats why I say 360>PS3

Haha funny thread. Just because the PS3 took a shit here doesnt mean its going to die or fade away. The xbox and xbox360 has barely made a dent Japan where they are fanatic Sony or Nintendo fanboys, it doesnt mean that its going to fade.

Also, "working" out a deal doesnt really mean fudge until it actually follows through. Nintendo and Squaresoft had a "deal" to release FFVII on the N64, but they fell through at the very last minute and was released on the PS because of format. Even bigger example, ASUS and Gigabyte had an official merger, with contracts and the whole buyout sha-bang, but at the very end, Gigabyte withdrew from the deal. Just because they're trying to make a deal doesnt mean it'll go through.

Whats even more funny is the Nintendo Wii outsold both Xbox360s and PS3s this pass holiday even though its much much weaker than either of the systems.

Even if FF deal goes through, the PS3 still have blockbuster hits like God of War, Metal Gear, Gran Turismo, Shadow of Colossus, etc...

In the end, it really boils to what kind of games you really want to play. It seems like the Wii caters to more of the wacky games like the DS, the PS3 more of RPG and platformers and the Xbox as more of a sports and fps orientated games. Sure each system has their own respective hits in the genres, but in general these are the games they sell well and are done well on their respective consoles.

Personally i fucking hate sports and fps games. So for me its the Wii > PS3 > Xbox

I prefer not feeling like my asshole is on fire because I gave away all that money for Microsoft/Sony to install their foot in my rectum.

PS2 Greatest Hits FTW.

I still rock the PS1. My PS2 collection is growing, however :)

I'll keep waiting on a 360 or PS3... but the Wii, that's a done deal for me.

As far as the ps3 and gran turismo goes, from what i understand is that the game comes with x amount of cars and then if you want other cars they are available for download but instead of buying them with the money you win in the game you have to pay real money to download..... I remember some number like $400 to download every single for the game.

they have guitar hero...and it sucks ass.....

i personally do not believe ps3 is obsolite....as far as the 120 goes..pfft who gives a fuk havnt u heard of usb!

and for blue ray remember this people....sony has lost a huge amount of money putting this new blue ray system up.. they have lost so much money from releasing ps3 its not funny...think about it this way...for best ps3 here in australia it sets u back 1000 bucks+120 for games....and for a blue ray READER for pc here in australia it costs well over 1250...so lets do the math here.....:huh:

i for one despise xbox...for the reasons that they cant just have there own games which would make them more desired (stupid bastards)
i hate the games on there and have hated it from day 1:)

i for one do not care if the new xbox will have all the ps3 titles...itll be like when ps2 came out and all the ps2 and ps1 games where slowly being removed from releases like tony hawk the graphics were so shitty on ps1 compared to ps2...

i myself have already got a ps3 prepayed and waiting for it...ive played it and loved it..for me the graphics shat on xbox so high that bill gates himself though god was shitting on him...

i also own a ninteno wii (which i love) i had xbox 360 for about a week....and got rid of it....(it bored me to death):p

Im glad. Competition only breeds better things. And that is a pretty good attempt to under cut the PS3.

Back