Saying goodbye

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
cars are my passion.. im going to spend money on my passion. if you dont like it, tough shit. thats it- no more discrimination please:)
spoken like a true child. the more you say "it's my money" the more ignorant you sound. you know, i'm happy that you work your ass off. i did the same thing. but when you get an extra income like a settlement check, don't waste it.

it just seems like the only people that know what to do with the extra money never get it. i could care less if your parents pay your insurance. but it would make a huge difference in your car selection if you had to pay another $300/month in bills.

the yellow nsx you were initially interested in has a widebody kit on it, and would prob look horrendous if all u did was remove the sideskirts. furhtermore if you were to try and remove the whole thing it would require extensive bodywork and be very costly. In my opinion this car shouldnt even be an option by what you say you would do to it and i think you are being to impatient and would regret buying it.

At my age, clearing 1000 a week is no biggy. It's baseline for a comfortable level of living.

In the NE anyway.

25 bucks an hour is hardly lower middle class IMO. You could live pretty damned comfortably on that kind of money anywhere in the USA. Except for the majority of the coastal states.

Here here. but at $1000 a week I can pay bills, do what I want with the cars and still manage to pack some away. I can also change my priorities and save lots in a short amount of time (I am able to pack away $8000 in about 3 months, just paying bills and not modding cars)

-> S

25 bucks an hour is hardly lower middle class IMO. You could live pretty damned comfortably on that kind of money anywhere in the USA. Except for the majority of the coastal states.

25 an hour is only about 700 take home

yeah, after taxes. I make $1000 a week after taxes. Back in 1998 I used to PAY $700 a week in taxes.

Man that sucked.

25 an hour is only about 700 take home
What kind of fucking taxes do they take from your check? jebus!!!! and also that's only 1 week...usually people get paid bi-weekly. $700 weekly take home is $2800 a month, you can live ok off of that assuming your taste isn't too expensive...

JDM, the thing about your insurance doesn't sound like a big deal but you come off as a spoiled little daddy's girl because you can afford all these cars yet choose to let your parents still pay for your insurance. Oh but wait, they pay for your 2 brothers insurance as well so it's ok then right?:rolleyes:

I was head of IT during the DotCom/DotGone era. I made $150k for 6 months at one time. I used to make $65 an hour as a consultant.

Oh yeah, and Clinton personally wrote and passed a Consultant tax. Add to that I paid CT income taxes, NYS taxes and NYC taxes. I got the state taxes back though.

I was head of IT during the DotCom/DotGone era. I made $150k for 6 months at one time. I used to make $65 an hour as a consultant.

Oh yeah, and Clinton personally wrote and passed a Consultant tax. Add to that I paid CT income taxes, NYS taxes and NYC taxes. I got the state taxes back though.
I was talking to recked lol... but damn, Uncle Sam ate you alive...

I would buy a car that gets good gas mileage and then buy a damn house.

House = investment.

Take it from me, having a nice car is NOTHING if you don't OWN the place that you keep it.

My Vega right now is out on the street because my landlord won't let me keep in the driveway "looking like it does" (It has no front end on it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back