Sc34 Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

Hi I was wondering if the precision sc34 turbo is a ballbearing turbo.Also would it be a good turbo on a stock gsr motor or is there one better?Also is www.turbogoods.com a good company to get this from has anyone bought one from them?I dont want a ripp off.Also what kind of setup .48a/r or .63a/r would be best?The hp goal is about 350 to 400whp.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi I was wondering if the precision sc34 turbo is a ballbearing turbo.Also would it be a good turbo on a stock gsr motor or is there one better?Also is www.turbogoods.com a good company to get this from has anyone bought one from them?I dont want a ripp off.Also what kind of setup .48a/r or .63a/r would be best?The hp goal is about 350 to 400whp.

1. Yes Turbogoods.com is a great store to get your turbo from...Alex is a good guy, I dealt with him
2. No, the SC34 is not ball bearing. Its 360 deg. race bearing
3. SC34 is a tad small for the GSR, I suggest going with the SC61, it will be more efficient, and its about the same price.
4. I suggest you go with SC61 T3 hybrid SC6152E

Good luck with it- its a great turbo

eh sc series turbos are eh. if your gonna spend 800, spend 1100 for a dual ball bearing gt series.
ive owned both and my current gt35r spanks up on the sc61

theres a guy on a local board selling a sc34 which he just dynod his car with and put down 400who conservativly since he is moving onto a larger turbo looking for 500+ i guess.

Quoted post[/post]]
eh sc series turbos are eh. if your gonna spend 800, spend 1100 for a dual ball bearing gt series.
ive owned both and my current gt35r spanks up on the sc61

no shit sherlock. i was commenting on spool time and cfm they flow.

my car will be droppin down closer to 500 whp in about a month when im done swapping chassis and i toss my built head, cams and intake manifold on her. 389 was just the starting point :ph34r:

I Bought the sc61 yesterday luckly my local shop had one in stock.Now I was wondering what do I have to do to get it to fit.The turbo inlet hits the fan and also they said I would have to grind my block.How do you grind the block also what do you do about the fan?

your probably going to have to grind the block where the stamp is in your case where it says b18c1 any grinder will work alluminum is soft so it is easy. your probably going to have to get a custom radiator and fan something that is slimmer

Im being told that on the precision sc61 I have to change the exhaust side bolts on the turbo to grade8 Also known as 10.9 bolts.Do you have to do this?

Also how do you Grind the block down to get it to fit?I mean exactly where?Sorry for all the questions I just dont want to F*** somthing up Id rather ask someone that has done it.Is there any picktures anywhere I can see?

also, josh, it looked like yall were having problems with the dyno when you turned up the boost...so 389 on 21lbs would be a lot even with the SC.

Back