Sc61 w/low boost until I build motor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

livinlow

Instead of buying a t03/t04e turbo and running it on my b18c1 w/stock internals, could I just get the bigger sc61 and run it on 7 psi or so until I build the motor with at least block sleeves, rods, and pistons? This is the turbo I want in the end but I don't want to buy 2 turbos until I build the block and port the head. Thanks a lot.

an sc61 IS a t3/t04 and is availble with either E or S compressor housings.

you'll be fine running it low boost- just don't be disappointed with the results.

to quote a friendofafriend's away message on AIM:
"Gone: waiting for my SC61 to spool, be back later"

i'm not a big fan of all the hype surrounding precisions.
i really don't see them making any more power than others....

thats why i went with the full-race t3/t67 :)

lag? hardly...

at 1/4 throttle just putting around when she did run, i had 4 psi on tap by 3k-range

But you also have a bored-out 2.0L GSR fully built, with a mean head and Full-Race goodies to help spool that bad boy up.

Most of the guys here don't have fully built motors and there WILL be lag if they attempt to strap on a T3/T67 onto their stock blocks. Just food for thought in case some of the noobs think they can strap on a big turbo like that and get away with it.

fuck it. wait for it to spool and seeya later. You spool at lower rpms you have a better chance of losing traction anyways.

Back