SCAMMED!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

i bought a throttle body, b18a1 harness, injector resistor box and shift linkage to my my b18a1 in my crx...i sent the payment to DAN OWENS in Alexandria Virginia...he told me he was moving to Cali at the end of Feb. but i trusted him...i fell for the I hate scammers too speech...i sent him 155$ and havnt recieved a thing...he blammed his delay on snow which i thot was ok then he told me the wiring harness got stolen off his steps...a little sketchy....the last time we spoke online was feb. 27 and havnt heard from him since which is reason to belive ive been scammed...here are sum of his PM's to me

Feb. 24 hey man just got the money today, mom woke me up to tell me. we have 6 inches of snow on the ground and still counting. i will get the stuff out tomoorow or next day. thanks man

Feb. 25 snow fuckin sucks, i will have ur stuff out tomorrow

Feb. 27 DUDE SOMEBODY STOLE THE WIRING HARNESS!!!!!!! i had it stting on the back porch of our apt building came back out a little later in the day cause i forgot it was out there when my frineds showed up. so i walk out and no more harness on the railing. it sucks ass to be on the ground floor. first the battle with all the snow and water coming in our back door and now this. i am running to the junkyard tomorrow morning to get another one for u. i am so sorry man, i looked around for 3 hours and asked all the neighbors i could find. of course nobody saw a thing. who steals a b18 engine harness anyway?? i would have looked and saw the plug colors and been like " nope not worth it, just a b18a harness" now if it was all made nice and was converted for vtec and such i may consider it:) i am so sorry dude, i am beyond pissed off right now. My favorite junkyard is closed today and 40 miles away. I am gonna try and snag a complete harness fro u to make up for this shit,not just a engine harness.sorry bro

Feb. 27 ok man, i will send it out first thing. we are getting more wonderful snow tonight by the way:) i am so sorry dude, who steals a wiring harness? i will get to the junkyard ASAP and send u one. maybe some other small thing u need???? i am so sorry. i feel like such a shit seller man,i owe u one

now if hes not scamming me ill feel like an A-hole but c'mon he hasnt said a thing and was moving to Cali...any one else hav problems with him? i was just in such a rush to get this stuff i didnt ask for vouches or anything...

man its my fault jus thot id share the scam

i can say that here in Virginia, we did get hit hard with snow this week. 10+" in places to be exact because i can vouch for that as i live in Virginia.

as far as leaving a harness sitting outside at an apartment complex? who would do something as dumb as that. anywho, at least it looks as tho as hes trying to make things right with you. give it another week man and then see what happens. thats the only thing i can tell you.

i dont know if he is a scammer....prolly being honest with you. but maybe not cause.. i still owe an ass whooping to a guy in north dakota that never sent me a paint gun.....i see him online too and im like "where's my paint gun?" he says" ill send it out tomorrow" that was two years ago..... ima take a road trip soon :beat:

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Mar 2 2005, 10:24 PM
i dont know if he is a scammer....prolly being honest with you. but maybe not cause.. i still owe an ass whooping to a guy in north dakota that never sent me a paint gun.....i see him online too and im like "where's my paint gun?" he says" ill send it out tomorrow" that was two years ago..... ima take a road trip soon :beat:
[post=468552]Quoted post[/post]​

well lsb16crxhf could be wrong...but going from consistent pm's to non responding pm's does leads ones mind to believe hes being scammed which is this case

yeah if im wrong i owe him a huge appologee....but he said he was moving at the end of Feb. and feb. is over...so i guess ill hafto wait and see

hmmm...i'm buying a carbon fiber hood from someone on here...he said the same thing about the snow, i think i'ma stop the transaction through paypal soon

How did you pay this guy? If you mailed him your payment.... you can file a mail fraud complaint with the US Postal service. Mail fraud is a FEDERAL offense and the post office takes that stuff very seriously. It costs nothing to file the complaint. You can file online at www.USPS.com and search the site for mail fraud complaints. Or go in person to your post office for a form.

Also google up his last name and address. Maybe even if he did move, his mom didn't. Even if she did, it will be easier to track his mother to the new address than him. And most parents will not condone their children scamming people... so try to contact her.

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Mar 2 2005, 11:05 PM
hmmm...i'm buying a carbon fiber hood from someone on here...he said the same thing about the snow, i think i'ma stop the transaction through paypal soon
[post=468600]Quoted post[/post]​

I hope that your seller doesn't get fucking pissed at you... lol. We've really had a lot of snow in the northeast quadrant of the US, but what do you know.... you're from Cali. I guess if the seller had said that it was raining heavily and there was a danger from mudslides, you would have been more understanding of the situation. :lol:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Mar 3 2005, 01:15 AM-->
B16RacerN2NR
@Mar 2 2005, 11:05 PM
[post=468600]Quoted post[/post]​

I hope that your seller doesn't get fucking pissed at you... lol. We've really had a lot of snow in the northeast quadrant of the US, but what do you know.... you're from Cali. I guess if the seller had said that it was raining heavily and there was a danger from mudslides, you would have been more understanding of the situation. :lol:
[post=468633]Quoted post[/post]​

lol, well not only the snow reason. the first e-mail i sent him, he just deleted. i know he deleted it because you can check the status of the mail you send through AOL. also, when i sent him another e-mail stating that he needs to keep me up to date b/c it was starting to look like he wasn't legit. then he said he couldn't send it out yet b/c of the snow. snow has nothing to do with deleting my first e-mail. i was just getting a bad feeling because i sent 2 other e-mail after that and still no response. maybe he's just busy, maybe he's not. i'm just saving my ass.

Originally posted by racintweek@Mar 3 2005, 09:14 AM
i live in Arlington and work in Alexandria, i cant help you out as long as he hasnt moved yet.
[post=468683]Quoted post[/post]​

yea he moved...and me being a complete slob lost the mailing address....so it looks like im just gunna suck it up on this one lol

Originally posted by LsB16CrxHF+Mar 3 2005, 07:38 PM-->
racintweek
@Mar 3 2005, 09:14 AM
i live in Arlington and work in Alexandria, i cant help you out as long as he hasnt moved yet.
[post=468683]Quoted post[/post]​

yea he moved...and me being a complete slob lost the mailing address....so it looks like im just gunna suck it up on this one lol
[post=468964]Quoted post[/post]​

sorry to hear that man...i stopped the payment for what i was buying (link in above post) he told me a week ago that he got my money and he was gonna ship out next day (he couldn't earlier b/c of snow). i sent him at least 5 e-mails since and i haven't heared (sp?) a word since. luckily the bank stopped the transfer in time, but they also said even if he still got my money, they would fight the fraud for me. Washington Mutual :thumbsup: I've checked the status on the last few e-mails i've sent him and they were either deleted or not yet read :blink:

googling the name is a good idea. and when you start showing up at peoples parents houses they get the point. i love going to the homes of people i have problems with because once you do that they know your serious. but hey think of it this way now you have to take a road trip and see the sights. good luck

[/quote]

good thing this man is rich ...if it was me Id be getting a lawyer even if it was only 150 dollars :huh:

good thing this man is rich ...if it was me Id be getting a lawyer even if it was only 150 dollars :huh:
[post=469453]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

damn you wish i was rich...i buy my kellogs cereal with food stamps! and im too poor to buy the kind with the free prize inside...when i get cereal with a prize...oh watch out its like christmas!!!

Back