SCCA getting into drifting.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I will say this....rice will not be present...

Just like when we autocross...all the ricers just show up and watch...they are too affraid their screw on APC tail pipe coffee can mod might fall off, or their other various look fast but isn't mods might not pass tech....Regardless...they just watch and leave...no balls to damage their cars. If your going to race or drift...you need to get into the mentality that things are going to break or blow up....and have a spare car handy to get home.

I want to see places set up so some of us can go out, spend a little money and break things. Mainly tires....hehe And not have to worry about cops and pissed off land owners when they see burnout marks on their parkinglots.

Some will say the above...like it will be a fad.....they said that about Nascar too. Who wants to see a redneck whiskey runner do circles real fast?....then it happened...a lot of rednecks got together....and developed TNN....j/k...but you see what did happen.

I just hope that the sport will remain clean and fun, and doesnt get too strick on the mods the cars can run, but I do want to see safety taken care of...like a cage or a rollbar present when they do run...and of course helmets. which most ricers will not even consider a cool mod for their car.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 8 2003, 02:36 AM
helmets. which most ricers will not even consider a cool mod for their car.

LOL. Funny you mention that... Helmets might interfere with the gel spike haircut they worked 2 hours to get perfect. :p

Originally posted by SiR Kid+Nov 8 2003, 07:03 AM-->
Airjockie
@Nov 8 2003, 02:36 AM
helmets. which most ricers will not even consider a cool mod for their car.

LOL. Funny you mention that... Helmets might interfere with the gel spike haircut they worked 2 hours to get perfect. :p

no, the helment is just one more sq foot of surface to put NaaaaaaaaaaWWWWWWWsssssssss and APC stickers on

I am happy about it, to hear that the SCCA is getting involved.

I will be attending and running in the events down here in florida once I get my license for the scca.

Z-drift power!!

this is me:
aat.jpg

englishtown drift shootout, signal was there.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Nov 8 2003, 08:20 AM-->
Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 8 2003, 07:03 AM
Airjockie
@Nov 8 2003, 02:36 AM
helmets.  which most ricers will not even consider a cool mod for their car.

no, the helment is just one more sq foot of surface to put NaaaaaaaaaaWWWWWWWsssssssss and APC stickers on

:werd:

Originally posted by JDMilan@Nov 10 2003, 12:24 AM
nice pic, i have to post some of my local drifting.

looks like AJ's car.

it is AJs car. I was driving it. :D

yeah, figured that.

wait till I get up their to visit you guys then we can all go out and drift some...holla!!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Nov 10 2003, 06:27 PM
wait till I get up their to visit you guys then we can all go out and drift some...holla!!

Condition CODE WHITE!!!!

Snow drifting season soon... woohooooo!!!!!! :D

yeah down here it has been raining a lot for the winter season "not like we actually should consider it winter" but it's fun to drift in the rain.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 8 2003, 02:22 AM
Retarded... I hope it's a fad like the XFL.

No, drifting is not a fad, not as long as it remains a mainstream sport in Japan...its been around for almost 20 years starting in the hills of Kanto.

Originally posted by V8 Slut+Nov 13 2003, 12:27 AM-->
@Nov 8 2003, 02:22 AM

No, drifting is not a fad, not as long as it remains a mainstream sport in Japan...its been around for almost 20 years starting in the hills of Kanto.

Well I do enjoy watching the drifting videos from Japan. But it will be interesting to see if the sport catches on in the States. The Tour de France bicycle race is a big deal in France, but there isn't anything like it over here. The longtime Running of the Bulls is only in Pamplona, Spain. Soccer in the States will never reach the popularity that it has over in the rest of the world, and we are a multi-national based country, but we have our version of football. And our football doesn't impress any other country. The Japanese do enjoy baseball, but they love many American things. So time will tell...

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Nov 13 2003, 12:39 AM-->
Originally posted by V8 Slut@Nov 13 2003, 12:27 AM
SiR Kid
@Nov 8 2003, 02:22 AM

Well I do enjoy watching the drifting videos from Japan. But it will be interesting to see if the sport catches on in the States. The Tour de France bicycle race is a big deal in France, but there isn't anything like it over here. The longtime Running of the Bulls is only in Pamplona, Spain. Soccer in the States will never reach the popularity that it has over in the rest of the world, and we are a multi-national based country, but we have our version of football. And our football doesn't impress any other country. The Japanese do enjoy baseball, but they love many American things. So time will tell...

EXACTLY. We don't have the sweet curvy roads easily accessible or drifted like they do in Japan. The cops over here ESPECIALLY wouldn't close down the road to allow a bunch of punks in ricerockets burn tires pointlessly around corners for a "sport" called drifting, endangering themselves and others.

It won't catch on mainstream over here because of lack of accessability. In Cali there might be a few events... maybe a few shows involved with NOPI and whatnot, but it won't get a following like in JDM land where if you're not drifting, it ain't shit.

drifting in cali ownz joooo!
s3f9839d86b6d3.jpg

that was taken last month at NOPI nationals at the Cali Speedway. those are authentic japanese silvias (RHD) from team DriftXtreme
s3f124105a4837.jpg

Back