SC'd B18B CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i want to swap in a B18B with either a jackson or vortech supercharger, has it been done? will there be fitment problems??

it should fit, i dont see why it wouldnt, the JRSC is no bigger than the manifold i believe? i could be wrong though

:)

yes it fits,i was thinking of SCing my LS b4 i went n/a. it fits but it is TIGHT. my friend has it done and was gunna sell me his sc for 2300canadian.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Oct 16 2003, 05:55 AM
HAsport, place racing blows

i dont mind place racing... they're aiight? just curious why yout hink they blow?

B)

i've seen a place racing mount break. i've also heard of their front crossmembers for a 4th gen with a b20 in it breaking. and if i remember right, their shift linkage kits were fucked up some how. like put it in the wrong gear. but i might be wrong on that.

Originally posted by zcrex@Oct 16 2003, 02:28 PM
i've seen a place racing mount break. i've also heard of their front crossmembers for a 4th gen with a b20 in it breaking. and if i remember right, their shift linkage kits were fucked up some how. like put it in the wrong gear. but i might be wrong on that.

Yep. I ordered place racing shift linkage before and when i installed it, the 1st gear was actually in 3rd lol.

i dont mind place racing... they're aiight? just curious why yout hink they blow?

i say they blow because frankly i think the quality is shitty. i have personally broken a mount. i was pulling out hard and i broke the rear mount bracket right in half. these were not the regular place racing mounts for the crx. they were made for the b18c engine into the rex (straight bolt pattern for drivers side mount, brackets that used the stock front and rear mounts from the crx) im not sure if they ARE place racing or not, but they are the same color blue, and place racing is the only mounts that i know of that are blue. and the place racing engine mouthing position is wrong, well maybe not WRONG but it could be better. the engine sits too low, and causes some clearance problems in the crx.

they are all the same shit. welded metal with poly bushings, how can 1 be different from the other.

and no they are not the same shit. hasport mounts are made from ONE PIECE billet alluminum. MUCH stronger then welded together, and the hasport mounts have a lifetime warranty, you will not break these mounts ever. and if on the rare occation that one does break it would be just one of the very small standard deviation of defective parts and hasport will replace it for free. frankly, youre more likely to rip the mount away from the chassis then actually break a mount. and they also differ in the engine mounting position. the Hasport mounts have better positioning of the engine, better angle of the axles, more clearance from the front crossmember, more ground clearance, etc, etc. the only downside with the hasport mounts is that with the better ground clearance of the engine, when swapping in a b18 or b20 engine, the engine will touch the hood, but that still doesnt mean that the decreased ground clearance of other mounts is a good thing.

thats why i think place racing blows, and with stories of shift linkages that are fucked up, and front crossmembers breaking, do you really wanna take the chance with something bigger (ie, your engine)? spend the extra cash and get hasport mounts, you will be much happier and glad you did it ;)

My buddy had place racings in his 88 civic hb w/ an ls and yeah the back mount broke and so did his rear cross member when that happened.

Their service wasn't bad, only took like 3 days to get when it was sent in.

The place racing mount moves the motor more to the front (Room to supercharge) and the Hasport moves the motor toward the rear (Room for turbo). That is not saying that you couldn't do either set up with either mount, you just get a little more room (About an 1.5") either way.

Arizona Machine also makes a one piece billet alum mout that basically spits the difference of the Hasport and the Place Racing motor locations. Arizaona Race Machine mount are very, very high quaility, and affordable, $285 all day long on Ebay. They also make a bunch of cool stuff for us, and the are nice to boot. If you give them a call, you'll buy there mounts and you'll be glad you did.

Good luck with your swap!

http://www.azracemachine.com/

it's because we got off track about why place racing stuff sucks. most people here buy hasport so i havent' really seen any hcp mounts break or heard bad stuff about them. but if you say they rock then they must. :ph34r:

Back