school

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludebuddy

hey guys, I just started college and it sucks! I'm going for video editing which I thought I enjoyed but I've realized I'm not having fun at all. I was thinking about going to school for automotive stuff. I'm thinking Wyotech, or DADC cuz I live in Colorado. What do you guys think of Wyotech? What other schools would you suggest?

If it's one thing I've learned... if you have a hobby that's technology oriented... don't go to school for it. All it does is ruin your hobby

don't drop out, you're not having fun? good. it's school. go there to learn. fuckin party rats...

you'll have more fun with your degree and your higher salary. Don't wuss out now.

don't drop out, you're not having fun? good. it's school. go there to learn. fuckin party rats...

you'll have more fun with your degree and your higher salary. Don't wuss out now.

Damn skippie, more money is always better.

Doesn't your college have any other classes that you might be interested in? Is it an art school? If you are studying video editing... were you interested in a career in the tv/film industry? Did you like making movies in high school? It seems to me a big jump to go from the film industry to automotive tech. One is artistic and creative, and the other just straight forward mechanical... with getting your hands dirty all day long.

Otherwise, give the video editing thing another chance. Be patient and see how it goes. In the adult world, most jobs will have many moments where it's not fun. So try to like this class.

your not having fun, fuck life isn't fun. it's not a fucking game mang.

major in something what you enjoy and something that you can see yourself doing for a long period in your life.

damn freshman...........lol,,jk

First, I've never been drunk in my life. I'm not in college to party. Secondly, I'm not going to college to learn about something to make me money. If I was, why would I be going to study video editing? I'd be doing real estate. I could make so much more doing that, I'm going to find something i love to do so that I dont have a problem with going in to work everyday, because its fun for me. So the question is, what other good automotive colleges do you guys know about? I'm not saying I'm going to drop out, I want more information before I make any kind of decision.

be cool, stay in school...hehe. If learning about video editing is not your cup of tea, just take some different courses next semester...dont drop out though, what good does that do? There goes X amount of dollars for tuition...school always sucks for the first few weeks, but it gets better...

Dude you can make some serious dough doing Video Editing....A buddy of mine went to CT School of Bradcasting and he works for ESPN making insane money doing non linear video editing.....I mean he owns a 4 bedroom rasied ranch, a Toyota Sequia Limited and a Cobra Mustang....If you learn the right software like Soft Image 3d and 3d Studio max, Lightwave......you can score easily 100k a year job....And think about this man.....Yes its cool to have a job you like....but its still a job you have to wake up for and go to everyday....why not make mad loot....stick it out and learn as much as you can...those jobs are in high demand...

hell yeah- editing > busting your balls all day, ruining your back, sweating in the garge, getting dirty, for less pay.

stick with it.

make 2 slow, 2 hideous, and then retire.

Originally posted by preludebuddy@Sep 1 2004, 08:27 PM
hey guys, I just started college and it sucks! I'm going for video editing which I thought I enjoyed but I've realized I'm not having fun at all. I was thinking about going to school for automotive stuff. I'm thinking Wyotech, or DADC cuz I live in Colorado. What do you guys think of Wyotech? What other schools would you suggest?
[post=385068]Quoted post[/post]​

What program are you editing with? I just took an Avid editing class and it ruled good times and you can make a lot of money doing it. If there is one thing I have learned in my 26 years it is that you must have a job that makes you happy if you are not happy doing your job you will not have a good life.

i went to college to drink and party... i'm still in college, 7 year plan now :( but i still think it was worth the extra thousands of dollars i had to pay to keep going, and i'll still have my degree!! hehe

Also never forget that your degree is not always related to the line of work you will eventually choose. I have a BS in Psychology and only use it on my friends and loved ones.

Originally posted by MiguelDelFuego@Sep 3 2004, 05:10 PM
I have a BS in Psychology
[post=385815]Quoted post[/post]​

cool!! you have a BS in BS :thumbsup:

Originally posted by MiguelDelFuego@Sep 3 2004, 01:10 PM
I have a BS in Psychology and only use it on my friends and loved ones.
[post=385815]Quoted post[/post]​

haha :fosho3:

Back