Schwarzenegger sends military jet..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Who cares... California is so fucked up at this point, its way beyond repair.

California is well within repair, but since it is a prodominant liberal state, there can not be a good compromise situation and opposing views. I think that a state runs better when the Dem. and Rep. are equal in the amount of representatives and most laws will at least somewhat please most of the population, but since only liberal views are really in power, more people are upset. For example, the car situation is a major reason I will probably be moving back out to Texas in a year or so. It is to the point where even any modification to your muffler is illegal. You are unable to even tint your front windows at all. Taxes are out of control, crime is awful, electricity price is way too expensive, so is gas, and... You know what, you are right California is too fucked up to fix. I'm definetly going back to Texas. What is so funny is that Texas is in great shape and that is a conservative state, WOW, I guess the right wing is better. :p

have you ever lived in Texas? If you have, then I give you the right to say that, but I assume that you didn't, and for you to say that is ignorant.

well not technically ignorant. maybe he had a relative that died in texas or something and the memories are too horrible. for you to jump to quick assumptions is ignorant. but lets all be happy....

cali went from cool to gay really fast. even the music scene is getting fucked up over there.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jun 6 2004, 07:01 AM
I would rather put a bullet in my head than live in Texas.

You obviously have never even been to Texas. As a piece of land it possesses pretty much everything you could want, everything from desert to lush forest, beachfronts to mountians. It spans every social demographic, and atmosphere. Go from Austin to Corpus, to Dallas, and El Paso, there is anything you could want or need. So feel free to air condition your brain, but don't talk about something you don't know about.

I've was raised in New Mexico, lived in cali during the summers, moved to Texas, moved to Florida, Moved to Okinawa, then to Osaka, back to Florida, now in Connect-the-dopes-and-cut......meh...I've been to a lot of other countries visiting...and hell...I would move to Thialand if I could...but I really want to live back in Osaka Japan.....anyways...

being and going to all the places...I've notice a few things.

The place you live is what you make of it....if your not happy...then MOVE.

CA is not really as fawked up to be as everyone perceives..but for auto owners it's hell...your damned if you have a car...and you can't live with out one...politics keep the grasp on everyone, and dips into the money from your wallets for a reason....don't know what it is yet....thats for you to decide...either better air quality, or they want to make the roads better...or go pick up a geezer in a different country because he's sick...screw it....

TX is easier on cars, because there is more land and the people don't live next to each other, and the air has a chance to circulate...and get rid of the nasty crap from the air.....

but that air dumps on FL...where its a different story...hehe

Remember pics and TV from the 80's....you couldn't even see the topa of the building in LA because of the smog......but you can see them today....can't you?

just some points to ponder...have a nice day :)

I assume when Airjokie said that people don't live close to each other, he meant across the whole state, or after about a 60 mile radius, there isn't much unlike Ca. As for hell on car owner in Cali all I can say is :werd:

I still think that California is too far from repair, for the reasons that I stated before, yes they cleaned the enviorment, but at the cost of car modification. Also it isn't that much cleaner on certain days you still cant see the whole city from a hill top. The general surrondings do come into play, like the mountains holding in all the smog, but I am sure there is something else that they can do. But with a population of 5 million, it is hard to have clean air. Texas is just better plain and simple, they have the same amusement parks, beaches, you can modify your car, just better plain and simple. I mean the cost of living is such so much lower, my mom bought a house for $450,000 I can get the same thing in Texas for about $150,000.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 6 2004, 06:08 AM-->
@Jun 6 2004, 07:01 AM

You obviously have never even been to Texas. As a piece of land it possesses pretty much everything you could want, everything from desert to lush forest, beachfronts to mountians. It spans every social demographic, and atmosphere. Go from Austin to Corpus, to Dallas, and El Paso, there is anything you could want or need. So feel free to air condition your brain, but don't talk about something you don't know about.

I've lived here (Texas) for two years, it still sucks. The other cultures here are great, but the people here make me ashmed to call myself white...

The last time I saw this many zeros together I was looking at the GNP

Where in Texas do you live? I am not going to say that there wasn't any white trash around, but for the most part the people were very polite and respectful to me.

Originally posted by Silverchild79+Jun 6 2004, 08:14 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 6 2004, 06:08 AM
ktanaka
@Jun 6 2004, 07:01 AM

I've lived here (Texas) for two years, it still sucks. The other cultures here are great, but the people here make me ashmed to call myself white...

The last time I saw this many zeros together I was looking at the GNP

Where are you? The AFB in San Antonio? No wonder, it's in shit part of town.

I retact my pervious statement and replace it with:

-I would rather put a bullet in my head than live anywhere in Texas except Austin.

Sorry, but I can't stand places that are predominantly conservative. No insult to those that are, but they piss me off, just like I do to them :p

I lived in Austin and it was still a very conservative area, but just because a place is conservative means nothing, they still have liberal area's. A bar is a not against a conservative point of view, neither is a club or things like that.

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jun 6 2004, 09:01 PM
I retact my pervious statement and replace it with:

-I would rather put a bullet in my head than live anywhere in Texas except Austin.

Sorry, but I can't stand places that are predominantly conservative. No insult to those that are, but they piss me off, just like I do to them :p

Move to Cali, no wait, there's conservatives there too, hmmm...Antartica? The Congo?

Originally posted by ktanaka@Jun 5 2004, 11:01 PM

haven't you seen those commercials before? "Texas....it's like a whole other country." I've only been there twice and that was to switch planes in Houston but from what I saw flying over it, it looked pretty nice.

Back