Scion advertising

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

highperboi

Yesturday night around 12am i was just crusing around and i saw this white scion with purple street glow lights, 17s and some exaust driving around with dealerplates on it. And i pulled next to them and they tried to sell me their car and gave me their card. It was kinda of cool how they go driving around late at night going to hang out spots to try to sell there car. I dont think its gonna work very well cuz that car is slow but its a good idea. Mitsubishi should like take their evo and go race some people and then give them their buisness cards.

changed pm to am...

i watched an evo race a new neon, the srt-4, the neon was about three lengths ahead until the guys shift knob came off. the guy in the evo couldn't launch. new cars are cool, they have warranties and you can destroy the motor and tranny and get away with it.

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 5 2003, 08:31 PM
i watched an evo race a new neon, the srt-4, the neon was about three lengths ahead until the guys shift knob came off. the guy in the evo couldn't launch. new cars are cool, they have warranties and you can destroy the motor and tranny and get away with it.

Wow, that's pretty sad that an Evo got owned by an SRT-4.

And these days, Subaru most times will NOT honor the bumper-to-bumper warranties for the trannies, mostly on WRX's and STi's. Doesn't matter if the car is highly modded, or not modded at all. They're tired of people beating on the cars and then taking them to the dealer and saying "fix it".

i know the evo is awd, but you should still chirp on the launch, and he was bogging the stupid thing. it was funny cause the neon just slowed down and stopped. everybody thought he broke but he came back cussing about his shift knob breaking. :lol:

Actually if you take the car to the dealer, and tell them to fix it, and they find that the reason the engine broke was because of excessive revs (high RPM) they will fix it, but it is not under warranty.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 5 2003, 10:33 PM
And these days, Subaru most times will NOT honor the bumper-to-bumper warranties for the trannies, mostly on WRX's and STi's. Doesn't matter if the car is highly modded, or not modded at all. They're tired of people beating on the cars and then taking them to the dealer and saying "fix it".

Interesting... the dealership literally told my housemate that if he ever broke the transmission in his STi, they would replace it for free- and they wanted him to bring the transmission back to them so they could send it to Japan for analysis on why the "bulletproof" transmission broke.

Hmmm, maybe I was misinformed (or misunderstood) when I was at the dealer in Boulder. He MAY have just meant the WRX tranny.

Probably- I'm sure they all say different things though... but you already know that the WRX transmission is glass while the STi's is supposed to be bulletproof.

:lol:

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 5 2003, 10:31 PM

Not if its a Ford. My brother blew his engine on his Cobra (well he cracked the head) racing and Ford voided his warranty and left him with a half-ass fixed car. Needless to say he traded that bitch (we have hook ups at Honda dealer dad works at) and got himself a 03 accord.

Back